SO emigrating and super stressed, is being really quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO emigrating and super stressed, is being really quiet

I'm having a little bit of a tough time at the moment.
    My SO is moving from South Africa to Australia again (for the second time)
    The first time he went overseas he lived there for about half a year and he had a horrible time.
    After I had gotten back from a visit in Aus, we almost broke up because he was so unhappy.
    He was stressed out and when he is, he tends to shut people out and keep to himself quite a lot.

Now he's been back in SA for a year and he has dicided to go back overseas, which means leaving his family again and going to a country he has had bad experiences with (he's moving back for financial reasons).
    These last 2 weeks he's been spending time with his family and we've been doing great.
    We've been chatting a lot and everything was fine.
    We had an argument about a week ago and since then he's been very quiet. When I try to start a conversation, he usually gives me an answer but doesn't intend to carry on with it or ask things back.
    I've asked him twice if we were still oke, and he replied with 'yea' both times. He also replies to my messages (usually short answers)
    But for the rest he doesn't really show any interest in me.
    He's leaving in 4 days.

I'm just scared that he's thinking about ending it or something.
    While that would be weird, because a few weeks ago he told me he's stressed out and him quiet has got nothing to do with me.

I know he's probably stressed out and that I shouldn't overreact.
    I was just curious as to what you guys thing, and would maybe like some encouraging words, or stories from people who have been through the same thing (other than me cause I've also kind of been through it already)

I am so with you on the over thinking thing. I just recently had a hard time dealing with my boyfriend being unable to visit me. It was terrible and I started thinking the worst, like maybe he doesn't love me anymore and stuff like that, when it turned out that we could work through this problem. Living in a new country is a very scary thing and takes some time to get used to. He's probably just preparing for the move. Maybe things will turn out better than the last time, who knows. Anyway, it's a good thing that you're worried about him. It shows that you love him and care for him a lot, but try not worry your self out too much. It's not healthy otherwise.

Comment

What are his reasons for again moving to a place he doesn't like? What is in it for him?
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'd second DC's questions, including my own here: Why must he go to a country he hates and had bad experiences in it? What could he gain from it, asides from more unhappy recollections?

Comment

One reason why he's moving is because he was not liking the job that he had there anymore for various reasons (gameranger). This job was the reason he came back last time. He missed the bush and that way of living. Now he's found out that it was different than he had remembered.
          He could also look for another job in SA, but there won't be a way for him to be financially independent in SA in his workfield.
          The only way to be succesfull there is to have your own company and starting up your own company means investing money.
          He doesn't have that kind of money at the moment and he doesn't want to end up in massive debts because of borrowing it.
          His mom currently lives in Aus and therefore it's possible for him to go there and apply for a permanent residentship.
          His plan is to save up money which he will eventually invest in starting up his own bussiness in SA. (If he doesn't end up staying in Australia in the end)

He's got tons of good plans for when he's over there, like start riding (mountainbike) more, which he used to do a lot, loose the weight he put on. And long term goals such as saving up for his own bussiness.
          But he doesn't want me to focus on positives and negatives he told me. I think it;s because he can't see anything positive about it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X