Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from NY :)

Hi everyone,

My name is Alyssa. I am in an LDR for about a year and a half now with a wonderful man. I am getting ready to gradate school in May from a school in upstate NY and he has a steady job that he loves up in Toronto, CA. I mostly joined this forum to see if some of the issues we've been having/feelings i'm experiencing are normal and to gain some support from people in similar situations.

A little bit about me, i'm a psychology major with an anthropology minor, so maybe I can help some of you guys too! Being in LDR's can be really hard and I think talking to others is often the best medicine (psych major lol) and so I figured it was about time I took my own advice! I figured i'd introduce myself before pouring out my issues/feelings.

Hope everyone is well,
    Alyssa

Welcome to LFAD. Yes LDRs are hard, but I think you'll agree, quite worth it. =)
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Welcome! Pour your guts out here. Everything you're going through someone else probably has too
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Generally, since I live and go to school in upstate NY and my boyfriend lives and works in Toronto, CA, we get to see each other pretty regularly. Recently, within the past 6 months or so, my boyfriends job has started sending him on a ton of business trips. Some are fine because they are for about 2-3 days, however some are for several weeks and are not planned in advance. This has been really hard on me. They often send him to really fun places where it seems he does much more than work, i.e. going rafting, taking extended weekend trips to beaches and club towns. It's not that I don't want him to have fun, but I also find myself getting upset with him much more easily and my jealousy goes through the roof. We have good communication and he apparently has spoken to his job about planning etc. but I worry that these trips are impacting our relationship so negatively. Any advice/insight?
        Last edited by Tdancer; March 5, 2015, 08:53 PM. Reason: word missing

Comment

Originally posted by Tdancer View Post
          Generally, since I live and go to school in upstate NY and my boyfriend lives and works in Toronto, CA, we get to see each other pretty regularly. Recently, within the past 6 months or so, my boyfriends job has started sending him on a ton of business trips. Some are fine because they are for about 2-3 days, however some are for several weeks and are not planned in advance. This has been really hard on me. They often send him to really fun places where it seems he does much more than work, i.e. going rafting, taking extended weekend trips to beaches and club towns. It's not that I don't want him to have fun, but I also find myself getting upset with him much more easily and my jealousy goes through the roof. We have good communication and he apparently has spoken to his job about planning etc. but I worry that these trips are impacting our relationship so negatively. Any advice/insight?
          Welcome to long distance....it's sucks but it's worth it!
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
            X