Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever write their SO a poem before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever write their SO a poem before?

I don't know if there's a post like this already lol. I'm just curious. For me I feel like writing these poems is like an explosion of my soul and it makes me feel a bit better when things are bad. I don't know if he'll ever get to read them since some can be quite embarrassing, but I'll hold on to them until I can show them to him someday

I wrote one once and forgot it x) Go figures. That's me, always forgettin
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Despite being a writer and very articulate, he wrote me only one poem and it was to explain his feelings towards me before we started dating

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I jokingly bugged my SO for weeks before valentines day that I wanted him to write me a poem. He refused every time. Then valentines day came and he actually wrote me one. It was so awesome. He rhymed forest with morest.

Comment

I've wrote 2 so far and gave them to my SO. I am not the best at it so they were fairly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
            I jokingly bugged my SO for weeks before valentines day that I wanted him to write me a poem. He refused every time. Then valentines day came and he actually wrote me one. It was so awesome. He rhymed forest with morest.
            Omg that's so awesome!

Comment

He wrote me a haiku once to complain about his grandmother if that counts??? xD I'm a terrible writer anymore. I was okay once upon a time in high school, but years of work and business majors have beaten that out of me
              "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
                He wrote me a haiku once to complain about his grandmother if that counts??? xD I'm a terrible writer anymore. I was okay once upon a time in high school, but years of work and business majors have beaten that out of me
                Lol haikus are poems so they count I wrote one once to complain about how slow the computers at my school are and I think it won a prize lol.

Comment

Look what I found lurking through my old blog posts! lol

A poem I wrote oh so long ago.

Aideu sweet soldier
                  Till you are safe and sound in the arms of the mountains you love so dearly
                  I shall hope to see you, to hear from you once again
                  As a robin sings as a sign that his lover spring has returned once again from the dreaded dead silence of winter
                  So shall I rejoice in the future when you have returned once again
                  I bid thee safe travels

I love writing poetry, but I do not get inspired for it all much.
                  "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                    Look what I found lurking through my old blog posts! lol

A poem I wrote oh so long ago.

Aideu sweet soldier
                    Till you are safe and sound in the arms of the mountains you love so dearly
                    I shall hope to see you, to hear from you once again
                    As a robin sings as a sign that his lover spring has returned once again from the dreaded dead silence of winter
                    So shall I rejoice in the future when you have returned once again
                    I bid thee safe travels

I love writing poetry, but I do not get inspired for it all much.
                    Aww that was beautiful! I don't usually do either but when I do I can't really stop lol

Comment

haven't written a poem but I did write a full blown letter middle of December and sent it to him Christmas Eve.... took me a week and a half to write

Comment

I write poetry for mine all the time. I usually post them to our SECRET Facebook group. He loves it. I also have a public blog of all my poems about our online relationship. But, he gets the more personal ones, that I leave out of the blog.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

He used to write poetry before and some of it was for me, and it was so lovely. Unfortunately he doesn't write anymore these days which is a shame, it wasn't half bad

I never wrote poetry myself, I'm not the type, but I wrote a funny story once where he was this James Bond character and I cast his friends in various roles from allies to villains. I used all of their peculiarities to build a story. It was one of my best works ever and it entertained him so much.
                          Last edited by Malaga; April 25, 2015, 12:07 PM.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I wrote him one humorous poem once, about how we met. With drawings!

I could write him serious poetry too because I can write poems well enough but he gets enough overwealmed by my letters! I sometimes send him poetry others have written, though. He feels a bit bad he doesn't write me anything but it is just not his forte.
                            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I have, but nothing I am happy enough to send to him. When I can get past the block that I seem to have recently and write something I am happy with he can have it.
                              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X