Travel Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Insurance

I am a pretty clumsy person so travel insurance is a must for me. My luck I would trip at the airport, breaking my arm and missing my flight, losing my luggage in the process.

My questions though, are this "what providers do people go with? What do you look for in your travel insurance? What is the best to get for the money you are paying?"

I can afford something between £100 and £150 but I'm open to paying a little more if needs be.
    Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
    Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
    Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
    His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
    Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
    Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
    Married: June 29th 2018
    Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Originally posted by bubblehits View Post
    I am a pretty clumsy person so travel insurance is a must for me. My luck I would trip at the airport, breaking my arm and missing my flight, losing my luggage in the process.

My questions though, are this "what providers do people go with? What do you look for in your travel insurance? What is the best to get for the money you are paying?"

I can afford something between £100 and £150 but I'm open to paying a little more if needs be.

If you're young and healthy you can just get it from Tesco or the post office. If you have a medical condition at all I really recommend https://www.freespirittravelinsurance.com/ it's one of the few places that will insure me. When I was in the states and needed hospital treatment they were excellent.

Comment

I use the most popular travel insurance in my country, called Europeiske (European). It has been around for years with a good reputation, so I trust it. I pay for a family version all year all the world, that way my husband and I are insured when we fly nationally too, I pay about 170 £ for the both of us which I think is a good deal.
      Last edited by differentcountries; March 29, 2015, 10:59 AM.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I did a compare the market thing.. I have asthma so travel insurance is a must. Lucky for me I don't have to get medical for my daughter as her dad is American and she is on his medical plan. I paid £22 for about 2 weeks which wasn't bad, I dread to think the cost of it for 6...
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

I only travel domestically but I get it on my flights all the time. I'd pay the price for peace of mind!

Comment

Thats just it, depends on what your taking and where you are traveling. If we were in the same country I wouldn't much bother as I would probably stick to hand luggage, I even did when I went over for 2 weeks. But I'm taking the kid and going for 6 next time so I will have to pack a lot more than clothes and presents.
            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
            X