British Airways - Disability Aissitance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Airways - Disability Aissitance

I booked my flights last month to Phoenix for a couple of months time through British Airways, I put on my booking that I am hard of hearing, I don't usually mention it but since flying can be noisy I thought I would mention it just in case.

Once I'd made the booking I thought nothing of it and a few days ago I paid £30 to book my seat flying out as I'm not great with taking off and landing and I wanted to be close to the front of the economy section on the plane, yesterday I was getting ready for work when a lady rang from British Airways, it turn out she had noticed on my booking I had put that I am deaf, she refunded my £30 and re booked my seat for free, it turns out passengers with disabilities can pick and reserve their seats straight after they have booked their flights rather than paying £30 a time to book your preferred seats or wait until check in when all the best seats have gone.

She also informed me if I wish I can board the plane first before anyone else and have a safety announcement presented to me by a member of the cabin crew before take off and also have a chat with them about any concerns I have which I thought was a great idea as I find noisy places very difficult and find it hard to listen if there is lots of people talking or just being loud.

I just thought I would mention it in case anyone else wanted any information for any future flights, I never would of known if BA hadn't got in touch but it will help me so much and give me lots of reassurance too.
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!
Working...
X