Ring Order on Finger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilly9886 View Post
    In general, here in Austria we wear the engagement ring on the left hand and the wedding ring on the right, so I'll be having one ring on each hand!!!
    Same here and it's what I do.
    Our wedding rings are quite big, so my wedding right and my engagement ring together on one finger look weird. But because they were each bought for their respective hand, they don't fit on the other one anyway.

That was a really interesting explanation, MissButterfly. In my husband's very Catholic home country, they wear the wedding ring on the right hand as well. In Germany we usually wear them on the right as well. I used to think it was because more people are right handed so it gets noticed faster Not sure if that's the reason, though.
    Last edited by Dziubka; April 15, 2015, 04:48 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

When I was married my engagement ring didn't fit with my wedding ring properly. They weren't a set. Then I got a beautiful anniversary ring, and a much nicer engagement ring on our seventh anniversary, and I wore those two together on my left hand until I got divorced. I love those rings. I am saving them for my kids.

My current engagement ring was cut off a few months ago when I broke my arm. The swelling in my hand still hasn't gone down, but I hate not having an engagement ring on. When I first got divorced I bought myself a beautiful ring.....fairly expensive, but it was very liberating. It actually could be an engagement ring, and I wore it on my right hand. But now I wear it on my left as a placeholder for my wedding ring and my engagement ring when it gets fixed!
      Last edited by TaraMarie; April 15, 2015, 06:47 PM.
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I took my engagement ring off for about a week before the ceremony so my hands could heal. I didn't want the horrible allergic reaction visible in the photos! haha

I wear mine backwards, engagement ring first, then wedding band. It's the order I got them after all, but there's also practical considerations. My engagement ring is a little smaller, so is more comfortable on the thinner part of my finger, and my wedding band is significantly less expensive (we won them actually) so if I did flail around and lose one, I'd rather it be my wedding band. No one has ever commented on the fact I'm wearing them wrong
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We ended up moving our engagement rings to the right hand for the ceremony and moved them back to the left hand after. On top of the wedding bands.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            I only have a wedding band, but my parents have both rings and they switched their engagement ring to the other hand when they got married.
            I always thought this made more sense, why put two rings on one finger that's WEIRD.
            Met: Apr 2013
            Mutual interest: July 2013
            Relationship Began: November 6 2013
            First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
            Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
            Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
            Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
            Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dwessie View Post
              I always thought this made more sense, why put two rings on one finger that's WEIRD.
              Why is that weird?
              Most of the time wedding sets are made/designed to FIT together. (Unless you buy them seperately) Like my wife's rings.

It would look weird if they weren't together. lol See:

Last edited by Mims27; May 6, 2015, 06:08 AM.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                Why is that weird?
                Most of the time wedding sets are made/designed to FIT together. (Unless you buy them seperately) Like my wife's rings.

I agree. Almost everyone I know that is married have sets for their rings. It's rare among my group to find anyone with just a plain band and a ring. The one my SO has for me was custom made, so I don't know if I'll be able to get a wrap for it though.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Why is that weird?

I have to ask: do you know who the designer is for the ring you got for your SO? It looks so similar to mine!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

That is similar!
                    Good question though. I bought it from Zales Online and I just checked to see if it said who the designer is but I don't see it.

Comment

That is similar!
                      Good question though. I bought it from Zales Online and I just checked to see if it said who the designer is but I don't see it.
                      Well, regardless, it's a gorgeous set!

But, as you can see in my picture above: my rings are a set as well. I have worn the engagement ring alone (obviously) and it doesn't look weird. It doesn't look weird with one band either, but I just can't get enough of it with the 2nd band.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I personally love the look of sets, if they're made to be together, or part of the same collection. But, I see nothing wrong if someone just wants to wear the band. I know a lot of people that wear just the wedding band, and some who wear both. I know I would definitely wear both when the time comes, because I know I'd want to look at them all day and admire them. Lol!

Comment

I wear my wedding band on top. I kept my engagement ring on through the ceremony and he slid the wedding band on top and I prefer it this way It looks and feels more natural to me
                          From the United States to the Philippines
                          Met online: December 25, 2012
                          Became a couple: January 8th, 2013
                          Met in person/closed the distance: August 23rd, 2013
                          Married: January 8th, 2015

Comment

Working...
                          X