Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

I would love to share my story on how I met my him:

So back in March of 2012, I was in college with my classmates hanging in the campus, when suddenly my career cordinator calls my name. So I go with her and she starts telling me about this contest that she wants to get me in, it was a ticket to an international congress hosted by WOBI (I don't know if you've heard from it before, because at that time I had no idea).
    So the contest consisted on writing an essay about Innovation and sending your resumé. So I gave it a try because I had nothing to lose. I honestly didn't put all of my effort on the essay or anything, if I "lost" the contest I wouldn't get sad or dissapointed. So I did it and by my suprise I won, lol (can't imagine what how the rest of the essays were haha).

The congress was in May of the same year and I went with one of the coordinators, we were both representing the campus. Along with other students and teachers from other countries that were representing theirs.

So I met him there, he's from Costa Rica. We interacted first in a work sessions all students had, we all got divided in different teams, each team had to make a research about a speaker and one member had to give a brief presentation about that research. I was the one who gave the presentation and he was a member of the "Feedback Team", they basically had to grade the overall presentation. All the members from the feedback team gave a good evaluation BUT HIM. Anyway, is was just a work so I didn't take it personally really, I know that my team made a great job .

The first day of the Congress, it was exhausting. So by the night all the students agreed to go to the hotel pool and hang out, When I arrived to the pool I see that it was closed and there he was.. he was the only one standing, so we figured that the rest of the students came earlier and went else where since the pool was closed.
    So then he asks me: "Wanna go out to a bar? I have seen that there is one near hear, wanna go?" So I agreed of course. Plus, it was his first time in Mexico so he needed to know a little more about it, right?

We arrive to the bar, and we start talking about our lives, what do we study, what do we do, what music we like, etc. It was a very fluent conversation, and all of the sudden he asks me if I dance, and I said that I like to dance but I don't know a specific genre; and he teaches me to dance salsa (how embarrasing, I looked ridiculous). Anywho, we had a great time and we went back to the hotel (each one in their own room, before any misunderstandings haha).

The next day was the last day of the Congress and we all planned to go to a club by the night (it worked this time and all students & teachers went), it was a latin club where the only music played was salsa, bachata, bolero, etc. Once again, he asks me to dance with him and I was really suprised by my dance skills! I felt like a contestant of Dancing With The Stars (jk), but we danced all night. I still don't know what happened, he still thinks I saw YouTube tutorials before hitting the dancefloor.

Anyway, during the night after dancing we took a break from dancing and sat down, he proposes me a toast and kiss, I agree of course. It was a short kiss, I hate PDA so it wasn't the greatest kiss ever. So we all went back to the hotel, he was holding my hand and back in the hotel we made out. I didn't take anything seriously, in my mind I was saying: Whatever, he's from another country, I'm not going to ever see him again. Those "one night stands" when you go to a trip.

The next day everyone was heading back to their countries and of course we all exchanged number's, facebook, etc.

After that we both talked via Skype, Facebook, etc. 3 weeks later he buys a plane ticket and meets with me again.. I didn't want anything serious but he conviced me, we've been together for 2 and a half years. I've been to Costa Rica 5 times and he has come to my hometown 7 times. Last time I saw him was 2 weeks ago .

It has been GREAT, I don't regret taking this decision; distance hasn't been an excuse for us and we are a great team.
    I don't know when I'm going to see him again since we both work and it's more difficult. Probably by next year I'll be moving to Costa Rica, BUT this is still on the talks.. I'm still young and we are just letting time talk by itself, we don't want to rush anything .

Awwww such a great story! I'm glad it's all going well

Comment

Working...
    X