My LDR Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LDR Story

I'm 18 years old living in North Carolina. I was 14 when I had came across my SO on Facebook, which was around 2011. He is a year younger than me, but has a very loving and mature nature that I admire. He had sent me a message on Facebook complimenting me and saying he would like to get to know me. I was going through a difficult situation at the time, and we had both lived in West Virginia. We had never seen each other in person , even though we lived in the same state at the time. A few weeks after getting to know each other, he had called me and asked me to be his girlfriend over the phone, and after saying yes, he had serenaded me with his heart melting voice and guitar. We had only dated for three months. It was disappointing that we didn't last, but it was for good reason. We never seen each other, never had the chance to officially meet in person. After the break up we stopped talking and went on with our lives. I still thought about him from time to time, but chose to keep to myself. A few years later I had seen a post on Facebook that he had made asking for song request for him to sing. I seen that as my opportunity to say hi, and gave him an idea of what to sing. We hit it off as if we had never lost connection. He was corny, and couldn't keep me from laughing uncontrollably.

We would sometimes not talk for weeks and then get back in touch again. After a few months of catching up, he had told me he still loved me. We keep in touch with Facebook, Skype, Snapchat, and whatever else we can to stay in touch. It's been almost two years now that we've stayed in contact and my love for him has grown each day we speak. I live in North Carolina now. I had moved my Sophomore year in High School. He had moved to Ohio and now lives 11 hours away from me.

I plan on visiting him during the summer. I have a job and have been saving for a few weeks now. Now living with my best friend it's easier to stay in contact with my SO. He also is planning to see me during the summer by staying with family in North Carolina. The distance is hard, but my love for him makes it worth it.

At the moment we are not dating, but he is my main priority just as I am his. We act like a couple and hope to start a relationship soon.

Congrats! I hope that everything goes well with it! Don't worry about the label so much, just go with the feeling. You know the truth

Comment

Hopefully it all works out

Comment

I hope everything goes well.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X