My modern day fairy tale :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My modern day fairy tale :)

Love at first sight, I often pondered this idea and wonder if it is love or infatuation..for me, it was both. It all started the summer of '14 as I began to work at a family amusement park and saw the most handsome man I have ever seen. His looks were undeniably present, but he carried himself in a way I was instantly attracted to; Completely uninterested in the world around him and consumed with his thoughts. In that moment, I knew I would figure out a way to speak with him and for some odd reason, I could not help my mind to wonder and think of how we would be together. Although, I have only had one boyfriend and find education to be much more interesting than boys my age, I felt this urge and wanting to be with him. I asked friends/coworkers about him and to my surprise, he was part of the work and travel program from Russia and was here to work this summer. As the season went on, Arty and I began hanging out more. Going to concerts, playing tennis, speaking with friends, exploring Chicago, talking till sunrise, and eventually falling in love. We planned a summer trip and went to the Grand Canyon with each other. One night, while in Arizona, Arty asked the inevitable question, what was going to happen with us. I said to him that we will always stay in contact and will always remember the love we had and maybe meet each other down the road. I knew that it would be virtually impossible for us to make a long distance relationship across oceans work. As I woke up the next morning, I was immediately struck with the fear of losing this love and feelings of passion I had for my dear love. I told him with one hundred percent certainty that we WILL make this work and we will figure this out together. Two weeks later, my love was on his way back home to Russia and the goodbye was harder than expected. I dropped him off and as he walked away, a surge of emotions went through me as I realized how much I loved that man. During New Years, Arty and I met again as I traveled to Mother Russia and we walked all those chilly nights together and cuddled up with each other making our future even more promising. We Skype as much as we can and since we last saw each other, not a day has gone by without speaking and confessing our love to each other. This relationship is simple. We trust each other, communicate, laugh, share articles and stories, struggles, and we love each other. Arty is finishing his bachelors in computer software and I am a still attending school studying finance. He is my number one supporter and my best friend who will be coming this fall to embark on our future together and continue our modern day fairy tale.
    Last edited by crisandart; April 24, 2015, 07:47 PM.

Beautiful story

Comment

Good luck to you! LD across the ocean is hard, but many of us here can be proof that sometimes it works!

Comment

Working...
      X