Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype messaging issues

Hey guys,
    So, skype is driving me up a wall tonight. For the past month or so it has been acting weird. Such as not allowing me to see the messages that my SO has sent, until after we come back from a video call. It's driving me crazy. I then uninstalled skype mobile and re-installed in and all of his messages disappeared. This is especially frustrating because he sent me his address and i was going to send out a letter tomorrow.
    Has anyone been having any issues at all? :/

I don't know if this is the right sub-forum..but i am quite angry and frustrated with skype right now. I don't want to have to wait until our next skype call to even have a possibility to see the messages he has already sent me. Like, they were there, and now they're not. It's just very annoying. I am currently googling and scoping through the skype forums for an answer but cannot find one so i am turning to you guys.

Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance!
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

I have no answers to your problems. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry that you're having those problems and it sounds super frustrating! I think we can all relate to technology malfunctions when we're in LDRs. Terribly, terribly irritating!

Comment

Do you use it as a Text Messenger on your cellphone? If so, I would recommend Whatsapp. My SO have been using for a very long time, like since it came out, and we love it. Never miss messages. Sometimes (not often) they are slow but they still show up. And it's usually due to poor signal. I don't really use skype for anything other than video chat.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
        Do you use it as a Text Messenger on your cellphone?
        Like as a SMS message to my phone? No, it's just a regular skype message that comes through when you are connected to skype- like a call would.
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

If you are unhappy with Skype, you could try Viber (that is, if you both have smartphones!)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I've had a lot of problems with skype recently as well. One of which that my boyfriend left his skype logged in at his mom's house so I got to talk to her today when I was trying to call him. That was a surprise, but a nice one!! Sometimes messages won't come though or sometimes calls will cut out. Unfortunately it's one of those things with skype. As other people suggested you could try whatsapp or viber. My boyfriend and I text to email (I email he texts my email). But there have been times when he hasn't received my messages as well and I ended up phoning him because I was worried. Yes I completely understand how frustrating it is!!
            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

You can try to have different apps/options available. We use Viber calls a a backup for Skype videocalling (since regular calls are very pricy). There was recently some issues with Viber, then we started using Facebook messages more again etc.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I've had some Skype problems before - where calls have started to screw up, but nothing long term. I would suggest Viber like the others - I've used this as a backup to Skype in case it's decided to play up. I use a lot of Whatsapp too, but the last update has seemed to have buggered my connection sometimes. Hope you get it sorted soon!

Comment

If I understand your troubles correctly, there could be a number of things causing the problem but it would be very difficult to pinpoint the reason. So lets just go with the "Skype Sucks".

As I understand from your post, you're using Skype on your phone. You can maybe try downloading it on your laptop and seeing if the messages are there? If by "Skype mobile" you instead meant the app in Windows 8/8.1, you could try downloading the desktop version of it from their website whose link I can't yet post here because I'm a newbie

As others have suggested you can always try out other providers like Whatsapp, Viber, Google Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, etc.

Hope I was some help

Comment

I've downloaded on my kinda and computer and some but not all messages are there. Skype had an update sure today, so hopefully that will fix the issue.

Comment

Skype sucks sometimes lol and I really hate it. But I have no other choice but to stick with it since I don't have a smartphone It's so bad that sometimes I can't hear him and most of our conversations are me saying "Can you say that again babe? I can't hear you." I've had the sms messages lag too, but it hasn't happened in a while. Now all I have to deal with is it freezing on me at random times.

Comment

Imagine that when you are actually starting to go deaf... My mum laughs at me for it but it's bad when you are seriously starting to deaf and can't hear your own voice at 30. Then add skype issues into the equation, sometimes my poor guy has to repeat himself about 3 or 4 times.
                        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
                        X