Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you propose / How did you get proposed to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you propose / How did you get proposed to?

Hi All!

I was wondering how you got proposed to, or proposed to your SO, now fiancé/husband/wife!
    I want to propose to my SO during my next visit, which will be pretty soon, but I want it to be perfect! I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm also a 10000% sure I want to do this and that we're totally ready for this.

Thanks already!

You need to propose the way your SO would want you to and you need to think about this very hard and make it as personal and special as you can!

My husband proposed to me through a "treasure hunt"! His sister drove me to all kinds of people who told me that my husband had JUST been there and that we need to go THIS PLACE to find him and of course the next stop had information for the next one! It went through 28 steps involving all the important people in his life (it started out online with 5 of our mutual friends) and ended at the gazebo where we decided on meeting again on my first trip. It was wonderful, it was so well thought through and being surrounded by people who love us was just an amazing feeling!
    Last edited by snow; May 21, 2015, 01:13 PM. Reason: typo

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Also try to think of what she would like. My SO went with what he knew I would like, rather than what he himself thought would be best. He wanted to do it very traditionally, asking my Dad first etc - but that's so not like me. So he did it in a low key, very intimate way, and only later we informed our families together. He didn't do anything out of the ordinary, simply asked me mid sentence if I would marry him and pulled out the ring, but the timing and location was perfect - we were strolling around old town Dubrovnik, one of the most romantic places in the world, it was a lovely Tuesday evening in the off-season so we were the only two people out and about. It was truly magical.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

We were lying in bed. Then I said "are we going to get married?" and he said "of course."

We picked out the rings five months later.
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

He serenaded me. In public, in one of our favorite places.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

The first time the m word was put on the table in our relationship, was very early on, in private, over the phone. He was over the moon about everything, I was thrilled to meet someone not afraid to use big words, and the dialog went something like this:
            Him: I want to grow old with you. How can I marry you?
            Me: I will figure something out. I will find the closest thing there is.

I don't know if that was us actually proposing or just outlining the premise for our LDR, but ever since, we have had a continuous talk about marriage and commitment that also includes my husband. We are rather private about our feelings and plans, so while I think public proposals can be very charming for others, I wouldn't want it done that way myself. If you know your SOs close friends, maybe they can shed some light on what kind of proposal your SO might prefer.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Laying in bed in a hotel room in nyc. Since then he has actually asked me about 5 times to make sure I haven't changed my mind.....it's becoming a bit of a standing joke now.

Comment

My SO asked me while we were in bed on the first night of my second visit, the funny thing is it's only half official. I told him he asked and now he's stuck with me, lol
                Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
                Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
                Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
                His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
                Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
                Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
                Married: June 29th 2018
                Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

He proposed to me while swimming in the ocean.

Comment

Working...
                  X