Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rings made from coins from our countries dated the year we got together

Hi there,

Just wanted to share my idea for commitment rings for my SO and I. My friend took me to a market in London where she had bought a ring made from a coin dated with the year of her birth. That got me to thinking and now my SO and I plan to have rings made from coins of our respective country with the year we met. She will wear the British coin as that is where I am and I will wear the Australian coin as that is where she is.

There seems to be a number of places out there that do this and they aren't badly priced. I'm going to get mine from Thornhill Jewellery in London. They can source coins if you haven't got them - we've found our coins ourselves in our change

That is a really unique and awesome idea (not to mention romantic!) Thanks for the idea

Comment

That sounds so unbelievably freaking AWESOME!! I wish I liked wearing rings, something like that would be really awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
        That sounds so unbelievably freaking AWESOME!! I wish I liked wearing rings, something like that would be really awesome
        The place I mention above don't just do rings out of coins, they make pendants and other stuff using coins. You could even put the ring on a chain around your neck rather than wear it?

Comment

Ooooo, putting this in the Idea Pile
          Met: Apr 2013
          Mutual interest: July 2013
          Relationship Began: November 6 2013
          First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
          Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
          Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
          Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
          Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Working...
          X