spouse/ de facto visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spouse/ de facto visa

seriously, getting one of these here is a pain.
    I'm on a 457 working visa in sydney but my S/O lives in Melbourne, he can't move up due to work commitments and i can't move
    to melbourne so soon after starting a new job either.

but getting the spouse or the de facto visa is soooo hard to get especially when we don't live together...

The first thing to do is try to register your relationship...The living together rule is really strict but having a registered relationship waives the 12 months and you can move to be together around 6 months before your visa expires and you need to submit 820 application. I have heard of people being declined visa for being less than a week short of the 12 month period.

You guys need to have a serious discussion about who will need to make the move and seek to get both your names on a lease at the same premises. I think Victoria requires living in the same state for a year for registration but some migration agents have found a loop hole in that. Try to put bills in either or joint name at the same premises, even while you live separately.

Do you have a joint account? If not get this done ASAP. Also, put each other as next of kin at docs office etc.

What you are trying to establish is that even though you are currently living apart, you have a serious and committed relationship akin to marriage. This means that once you register your relationship you would have had a history of serious relationship that doesn't look like dating. Without tangible proof (joint lease & /or accounts, bills etc) immi considers the relationship as dating irrespective of what you tell them.

When does your visa expires?

We are currently going through the 820 process, so if you want to talk about, feel free to PM me .
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Working...
    X