first meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first meeting

My so and I have been through many ups and downs throughout our relationship. On many occasions I have come to this forum to find guidance and for most of the time it has been in response to something terrible or unfortunate happening.

However this time I have something positive to say. I get to see my so for the first time! (Probably)

I'm moving a buddy to Ohio which is %50 of the way to Nebraska and I'll be driving the rest of the way to see her. She has said yes but we just have to be careful so to prevent her parents from getting upset.

I'm definitely going, I got the time off work, the money and the transportation. Now we just need to meet. Any advice on how I should approach this situation or things we should do?

I'll keep everyone updated.

Are you going to keep the visit between the two of you or are you going to tell her parents at any point before your arrival?
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I would love to meet her parents but she's scared to do that yet. So probably just her me and possibly her best friend.

Comment

How exciting! I have no advice to really give you since I haven't met my SO in person yet, but good luck and I hope you have a lot of fun

Comment

It's going to be a little touchy since you don't want to exactly lie to her parents. Given the situation, and where she may bring a friend, she can then honestly say, "I'm going out with xxx for the day" and not have to bring you in to the conversation.

How many days are you staying there? Are you getting a hotel or camping?

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

It will be a week and I will be camping. The prospect of seeing her is amazing and I can't wait.

Comment

Just wanted to say good luck with your first meeting. I hope you both have a good time. First meetings are always amazing
              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

I've read some of your posts and I can see it hasn't always been easy. It is great that you get to see her. Just let things take their course. It will be very special. I can say what ever happens in my life with or without my SO, our first date was just amazing. From the moment I saw him and from our first hug everything just naturally fell in place. After 10months of knowing each other I felt I knew him enough not to need to worry about so many things. Good luck!

Comment

I'm very glad you are finally getting to meet. Camping is good because lots of campgrounds have things you can do without going out into overly public places and you won't have to spend a lot of additional money. That's great!

Comment

I am very happy for you. All the best for your future.

Comment

Working...
                    X