Question about first meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about first meeting?

Has anyone heard of any couples meeting after having an online relationship and not having chemistry/connection in the flesh?

yes, it happens. Although usually not.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Even when you Skype?

Comment

It can happen. It's not fun to think about, but people aren't robots, and so there's always a myriad of ways for people to be, to live and to enjoy or not enjoy their time together. Chemistry is such a subjective thing that it just can't be planned for. However, there are definitely tendencies, and when you've had a good connection with someone over chat and Skype, it's likely you'll connect well in person too. But nobody here is a fortuneteller, so really, you'll just have to take the plunge and give each other a chance Catastrophizing beforehand won't help, the proof really is in the pudding.

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

We Skype daily and we have an amazing connection and the chemistry is definitely there! I guess it's natural to be nervous I am meeting him for the first time in 68 days lol! I am very excited and very anxious!!!!

Comment

It does happen, and there may be a handful of posts buried in the forums here from people who have encountered this issue (I'm having a hard time digging any up, but I know I've read at least one before), but it is by no means common and not likely to happen if you guys are communicating frequently and honestly, especially through Skype. It's totally normal to be nervous about that stuff! You sound like you already have a great relationship, though, and I'd be willing to bet that you and your SO will be as wonderful together offline as you are online.
            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

It can happen but as others have said it's really unlikely. It's something we were a little worried about before we met, although really shouldn't have worried as we were fine.
              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

It can happen. This is why utilizing various forms of contact while long distance is important, such as phone calls and Skype calls. It can give you a better idea of how you may connect in person.

Comment

Out of all the posts I've read for 2 years now (or has it been 3 already?) I've only heard of 5 cases tops. Of course not everyone is sharing things online if things don't work out, but if you have been voice and video chatting, you talk honestly and don't hide the not-so-pretty things about yourselves, chances are you will be fine!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Yes it definitely happens. However, like everyone else is saying...it's usually not the case considering you've invested so much time getting to know one another without the physicality aspects. There's likely to be awkwardness though... shoot...I still kinda feel awkward around my bf on the first day or so we are around each other and we see each other every 3 months! I'm sure you'll be fine but if not, you'll probably know right away and can see where you're gonna go from there. Good luck!
                    "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                    We became a couple in April 2014
                    Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                    Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                    Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                    We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                    Our "spring break" in March 2015
                    Summer fun - June 2015
                    DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                    QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

Working...
                    X