Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Netflix together using this new chrome extension!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Netflix together using this new chrome extension!

My girlfriend and I have been using this app I created just for us to watch Netflix together. It's called Showgoers Over time I've been making it easier and easier to use. Wenfei, my girlfriend, says that I should share it with other people so that they can benefit from it. Once both people have the chrome extension installed, watching together is as easy as sharing a link with the other person.

It won't let me post a link because I'm a new user . Anyways, I wanted to share because this has help me and Wenfei feel more emotionally intimate with each other even though we don't actually get to see each other that often. You can download the tool by googling "introducing showgoers". It's the first link.

Do both users need to be able to access Netflix in their country? idk how the app works but that's been the problem for us.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I would be interested to know that too. Wife and I tried the Rabbit site to watch shows together and it was crap.
      I tried looking up the extension on google but couldn't find it...it might just be my stupid work PC. lol

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

It's this, right? https://eremzeit.com/introducing-showgoers.html

So basically it does what Cytube/Synchtube does with Youtube videos and synchs the Netflix players on the respective browsers? A neat idea, but it does require both users to be able to use Netflix, then.

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
          Do both users need to be able to access Netflix in their country? idk how the app works but that's been the problem for us.
          Unfortunately, both users need to be able to access netflix already . This chrome extension just syncs up your netflix players.

kitty09 have you tried using a proxy to get around the country ban? One that I've heard about can be found by googling "Proxy for Netflix Free".

Comment

Interesting idea. The ex and I used to watch Netflix together on the same account by just pressing play at the same time lol.
            "You want for myself
            You get me like no one else
            I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
            Even in the darkest part of me
            I am beautiful with you
            Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
            You're here with me
            Just show me this and I'll believe
            I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I can't thank you enough! This works great with a shared Netflix account (two computers) and both in Google Chrome of course.

Only trick internationally is that some movies will be available in one country and not the other. But we can finally watch most items together, so no complaints here! This is terrific. I tried rabbit and it was just ok, this is far preferable.
              ** Met on OKC 6/8/15 ** 1st Visit & Engagement: 1/30/15 (San Jose, Costa Rica) ** 2nd Visit: 1/8/16 (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) ** i129f NOA1: 2/22/16 ** 3rd Visit: 3/19/16 (San Pedro Sula/Puerto Cortes, Honduras) ** i129f RFE: 5/6/16 ** NOA2 Approved 6/2/16 ** 4th Visit: 7/1/16 (Tela, Honduras) ** K1 Visa Interview Approved 7/18/16 ** K1 Visa Received 7/27/16 ** Closed The Distance: 8/16/16 ** Married 9/24/16 ** Greencard Application In progress **

Comment

I'm kinda new here but iv experienced the same problems with Netflix regions, but iv worked out an easy way around it, there's a google chrome extension called ''ZenMate'' that allows you to change to browsers location to US/Germany/Hong Kong/Romania for free there are also premium options but I only use it for the US region so it does the job well just thought id leave this here it might help someone else out.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but has the OP thought about the mobile browser on Ipads?

Doesn't seem like I can get it to work on my Ipad. I did download the Chrome broswer.. Unless there is a separate extension for Mobile?

Comment

Does no one use the screen share function on Skype? That's what me and my (former) S/O had been doing for the past year. Ran into some problems occasionally, but other than that it was really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X