Polar Bears and Penguins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polar Bears and Penguins

You know how Polar Bears and Penguins live on opposite sides of the planet. They suffer the same icy conditions yet they are destined to never meet each other. Well, this is my story. This is how I, the Penguin, somehow met him, a Polar Bear, even when we were supposedly never meant to be.

It all started because of a video game.

This video game is called The Last of Us. Even though it is a video game more prominently known for its gorgeous single-player adventure, there is a Factions multiplayer section on it. It is downright amazing and I recommend it to anyone that isn't all up for the COD kind of games. Anyway, I was a little 8th grader who was addicted to this game. I was also extremely curious. None of my other friends who lived near me enjoyed this multiplayer paradise. Because of that, I decided to start meeting some people online.

And that is where I met him.

We were both put together by a mutual online buddy and from the start I was incredibly flustered. For the first few months after meeting, it was filled with nothing but awkwardness. His quiet and calming voice over the mic honestly made me SHAKE. It was just so attractive. In addition, it was also a nice change compared to the blatant cursing and yelling from my other teammates. Whenever I was playing with him, I would pace around the room, thinking to myself...

"How can I get Senpai to notice me?"

One day I decided to make the big move, I decided to ask for a friend request from him. After asking to be friends with him, he replied that he would think about it. Because of my charming skills, I was able to get him to add me. You know how? I accidentally molotoved myself while playing with him on that day. Christ.

After that game-changing day, I downloaded the PSN network app on my phone. I then forced him to download it as well (because I said that I wanted to show him pictures of doors, I'm really charming so you can see). We then texted every day. Sometimes we'd text until he'd fall asleep. I learned so many things about him, such as he was one thousand miles away from me because he lived up in Canada (we luckily share the same time zones). My parents did not know about this for a long time, however his parents found out because he had accidentally left his phone open. However, they were completely fine with this.

Even our buddies started to notice a "change in behavior" between us. An example was when we were playing a private match. Both of us were on opposite sides and we refused to kill each other. This was followed by either a backlash of salt from our teammates or nonstop laughter.

It wasn't long until we realized that we were going to stay together for the long run. He was going through some rough times when I entered into his life as I learned. I remember calling him while he was drunk. It was a scary feeling for a young fourteen year old girl to have to sit through a conversation with a drunk guy. I couldn't bring myself to leave him. I decided that I would make let him see the brighter side of life. Through months, he was finally able to pick himself up. I was able to see him change as I accompanied him through a dark time in his life. I remember sneaking down into the basement around 2 o'clock in the morning, Skyping him and listening to him cry happy tears. He finally felt safe, and I couldn't have been any more than happy to have helped him.

There were a lot of obstacles though, big and small. The first was the age gap. By this time I was now a Freshman in high school. However, he was now an upcoming Senior. This lead to my friends not being supportive of this relationship. In fact, they forced me to take him out of my life or else they would tell my parents. I lived a very submissive life, and for the first time I was done with being bossed around. I faked erasing him, and kept my love for him a secret. Forbidden love? I guess only on my side for the first part of the journey.

However, the second and final obstacle hit hard.

During the winter of 2014, my parents found out that I was talking to him. They were very, very direct in taking action. They forced me to never talk to him again. I remember tearfully calling him, saying that my parents found out and that we were no longer supposed to be together. I remember hearing nothing but silence for most of the call. We were both feeling hopeless. However, I loved him too much to drop him out of my life. I decided to continue talking with him in secret. For a few months everything seemed stable again. My father found out soon enough, however. This led to a huge fight to break out. I started crying and screaming. I said things I regret saying. I thought I would never see him again, and I put the blame all on them because I thought they didn't understand how much I loved him. It was a childish effort, I must admit. In the end, they finally agreed with me and him to have contact still.

Nowadays, things are running more smoothly. Everything seems right where we want it to be. My Polar Bear is going off into college in a month, and I know he will be even more busy than he is today. Hopefully one day I will have a piece of him near me, such as the hoodies he always wears when we call, or a handwritten letter that I crave. Until now, I am happy to say that destiny decided to say "screw it" and unite a Polar Bear and a Penguin together.
    Last edited by Peachybunny; August 5, 2015, 01:22 AM.

That is just the cutest love story ever!
    I'm so glad you two have found eachother and have now even convinced your parents that you can be together.
    I hope you'll soon get to meet your polar bear and steal some of his hoodies

Comment

Working...
    X