U.S. Customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Customs

Hi! I'm planning to visit my SO somewhere in October. She lives in Tucson, Arizona and is 16y/o. I'm from The Netherlands and 19y/o. We've been dating for 3 years now.
    My simple question is, what am I going to say to the customs? I've been in the United States 5 times before, so I know how they can be.
    I'll be travelling on my own and I don't think they will let me through by telling them I'll visit a minor and stay there for 2 weeks. Staying at a Motel btw, not her house. LONG story...

There are many many threads about this, try looking through them.

But do the same as you did before, just say visiting friend, only for holiday.

Comment

Honestly...don't worry about customs too much - I was 17 when I first travelled alone from England to see my SO and I just told them i was going to visit a 'friend' who I met online. I provided them with proof of return and where I would be staying. In your case the only thing that would cause an issue is the age difference, you need to find a way to get around that.
      Best, CC.
      Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Comment

Hey, thanks for your reply. May I know how old your SO was when you traveled?

Comment

Originally posted by Jowii View Post
          Hey, thanks for your reply. May I know how old your SO was when you traveled?

Hey jowii!

Toevallig ga ik ook in oktober naar Amerika, ik weet niet wanneer je precies gaat anders kan ik je wel ff laten weten hoe het was toen ik door de customs moest...Je moet alleen ff checken of je wel alleen mag reizen naar Amerika ivm je leeftijd..bij ons ben je volwassen maar in amerika ben je pas volwassen op je 21e...bel anders ff de KLM om t te vragen!

Comment

Working...
          X