Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brought together at last!

Hey everyone,
    it's been a while since I've posted about our relationship. Well, it's finally happened: On August 6 I went over there and we spent a wonderful 25 days together exploring Boston as well as my girlfriend's hometown St. Louis.

Due to plane schedules and delays I arrived at Boston 6 hours before her. Technically I could have gone ahead and settled everything with our BnB hosts but it didn't seem right to leave the airport alone so I waited. I made the mistake of going straight to the terminal for domestic flights where my SO was going to arrive, oblivious to the fact that all the nice food places are in another part of the airport so I ended up having nothing to do while I waited and I didn't feel like dragging my luggage all the way back to Terminal E or figure out how to use the shuttle buses. After all I'd already been up for nearly 20 hours at that point.
    Eventually I figured out where she would arrive so I sat down anxiously watching the flight status display. I can still remember the feeling I had when the status of her flight switched to 'Landed'.
    So there I stood, watching the stream of passengers rush through the hallway, keeping my eyes peeled for that dark haired beauty I had been distance dating for half a year now. And there she was... We recognized each other immediately and fell into each other's arms for a first hug.
    It was pretty late already and we still had to figure out how to get through our BnB so I used my girlfriend's phone to call our host. She gave me a 10-minute lecture of everything I could possibly want to know about the place but I remember being completely unable to follow her on the phone. I was emotionally and physically drained to the point where my brain couldn't be bothered to deal with details such as train fares and nearby restaurants. So we got a cab and enjoyed a ride through Boston at night while holding hands.
    At the BnB we tried our best to keep our hosts' tour around the place as short as possible without being rude to them but as soon as they left us alone we went straight to bed. However, despite being deadbeat (especially me) we were unable to sleep. The excitement kept us awake almost all night and we cuddled the whole time despite the room being very hot.

So much for our first day. My girlfriend uploaded some pictures earlier, take a look if you want!

Awwwww yay!!! So glad everything worked out when is the next visit? Is she coming to you next?

Comment

Congrats on your first meeting! Glad everything worked out for you guys. And I will just say.... You guys are a very cute couple.
      ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
      Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
      First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
      Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
      Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
      Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Thank you!
        We definitely want to see each other again and are considering to have her come over to Germany next spring. It's far away but with a distance as big as ours trips are expensive and we want to make them count. Maybe after visiting each other's countries we can start talking about where to close the distance at.
        We're just getting accustomed to the distance again but it's tough after being together for a whole month.

Now I have to get back into my schoolwork so I can actually finish my degree next summer, giving me the freedom to work towards closing the distance next.

Comment

Really happy for you both Glad your trip went well!
          Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
          All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Yea!!!! I'm glad it went so well! You guys are so cute together!
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

One of my favorite moments happened when we stayed at her parents' place. I was trying to organize the kitchen cabinet because all the pots and pans had been thrown in there. Her mom walked in to that and said something along the lines of 'Oh my, look at how nicely he's arranging everything!' to which my girlfriend replied 'That's because he's a man. All you've seen so far had been boys.'
              I couldn't even say anything because I was just melting over that. It was just such a sweet thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gravy View Post
                One of my favorite moments happened when we stayed at her parents' place. I was trying to organize the kitchen cabinet because all the pots and pans had been thrown in there. Her mom walked in to that and said something along the lines of 'Oh my, look at how nicely he's arranging everything!' to which my girlfriend replied 'That's because he's a man. All you've seen so far had been boys.'
                I couldn't even say anything because I was just melting over that. It was just such a sweet thing to say.
                Very cute

Comment

It's so awesome to read other people's stories and see the happiness it brings. Congrats to you both and good luck for the future.

Comment

You guys are so cute! I'm happy To hear your visit went so well. Time will fly by until your next visit

Comment

Working...
                    X