Which visa is faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which visa is faster?

Those of you who have read my threads before might know my boyfriend and I were hoping to close the distance at xmas with a student visa. Unfortunately the student loan got denied. We are looking into grants and scholarships right now but also realize that this might not happen, so in the event that it doesn't we are considering our other options. One of which is something we'd discussed before, we were planning on waiting until I finished college to get married but are considering bringing it forward. We got very close over the summer and are a family now and don't want to be apart for any longer than needed. So if I can't sort out something for college by xmas we were looking at which would be the quicker of the two? Getting married and applying for a visa as his spouse or filing as a fiance and getting married once I arrive? I know I've seen a few people who have applied internationally. I live in the UK and he is in the US. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

A great source for you would be visajourney.com. Basically, it has all the information you're looking for!

To answer your question in a short answer: typically fiance visas are shorter time. I believe that the general time frame is 6-9 months for fiance visas.
    Spouse visas are roughly 9 months-1 year. Granted, this could be different depending on a variety of factors, but for a short answer: fiance visa is faster.

Comment

There is this hybrid between a fiance and spouse visa for US.
      https://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

The husband and I did the fiancée visa and it took us from sending it in to being approved 7 months, however once you're in the states it takes another 3 months to wait for your employment authorization and so far 8 of up to 24 (or in some cases 5 years..) months to adjust to permanent resident.

If you want to go the other way, have him move to you, I can only guide you to https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration !

Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thanks because my daughter is a US citizen and various family reasons mainly him being closer to his family than I am to mine etc we decided it'd be best if I moved there and it's also best for the kids overall. We haven't decided this is how we are doing it yet, but since the student loan got denied this is what we are going to discuss at christmas and if thats the route we go I very highly suspect we'll go the K-1 route. Thanks for the links
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
        X