Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US customs...

Hi All!

It's my first post here after i looked around in this form and i still have some questions about the US customs.

I will fly in 41 days to the US to meet finally my SO for the first time (after 1.5 year)....Im pretty excited

Now it is like this: I am Dutch (so im from the Netherlands) but i live in Istanbul/Turkey and i extended my passport at the Embassy of the Netherlands in Slovenia in 2011. It's a bit confusing and hopefully it will not be a problem at Customs??

I got my ESTA approved, and i've got my flight..I will fly in 40 days from Istanbul to London (lay over of 5 hours) and than from London to Atlanta.

I heard they will ask me some questions at the airport in London before i will fly to Atlanta, can someone tell me what exactly they will ask?

In the USA i know they will ask me why i'm there, where i will stay, how long i will stay and when i will fly back (Holiday,visting friends, 16 days and i will show my return flight) But do they ask me something else? Like how much money i have with me or something? Just wanted to know what to expect...

Thank you for your help!

They just asked me who I was going to see and how long for and said have fun. But I've been lots of times. I know they do ask more questions to some people.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

In London, they might ask where you're going, where you're coming from, and how long you'll be there. They might also ask you about your living situation since you're currently not living in your home country. Different agents will ask different things, though.

You should get a little customs form to fill out on the plane (if not, then you can get them when you go through customs), unless Atlanta is similar to New York and has fancy, high-tech computers that do all the customs stuff. Just fill it out and hand it to the customs agent, and they'll run through the same questions. They'll also ask if you have anything to declare. Chances are, you don't. For the ease of filling out your customs form a little faster, keep your boarding pass somewhere easily accessible, because it'll have your flight number on it. You don't really need to show them your return flight unless they ask to see it.

Unless their systems are down, customs should go by relatively quickly.

Comment

What kind of questions i can expect more?

Comment

Working...
        X