Should he stay or should he go..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should he stay or should he go..

My SO is here until Sunday night... I do not have my child with me for custody this week ( well except last night, but SO had a business dinner so that all worked).
    My soon to be ex just called and said he had to be ib another county at 3 pm tomorrow. I need topick up my son and get him to football practice by 5. Ex will take him back after that.
    My SO and son have talked on phone and Skype They will both be with me tomorrow from 3 till 5. Is it time to meet or do I put the SO at the bar for a couple hours???
    GAH

Now's as good a time as any for them to meet

Comment

I agree, he needs to meet him eventually, why not now?
      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Why put it off? Go for it!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Soon to be ex and SO? Nah, I don't think it's time for them to meet.

I don't have a child. Nor am I married while dating someone else. I would suggest talking to your SO about it.

Comment

Why "soon to be" ex? Are you separated but not divorced?
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Obviously there is something that's holding you back, so what is that? What are your worries if they meet?

Comment

Speaking as a parent, if they have already talked on the phone and Skyped, I would see no issue with them meeting for a couple of hours. It gives them a brief time to meet and not really any pressure since it's for such a short time.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
                  Soon to be ex and SO? Nah, I don't think it's time for them to meet.

I don't have a child. Nor am I married while dating someone else. I would suggest talking to your SO about it.
                  Legally separated. Commonwealth requires 1 year physical separation before judge will sign off on divorce. He has a female friend, and we are on ok terms for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by MissingMyDutchLove View Post
                    Obviously there is something that's holding you back, so what is that? What are your worries if they meet?
                    Just wanted them to hit it off.

Comment

Thank you all.. Both of them actually wanted to meet up. They are playing madden now and are getting along great! It's a fear as a parent as to how your kids will react.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
                        Thank you all.. Both of them actually wanted to meet up. They are playing madden now and are getting along great! It's a fear as a parent as to how your kids will react.
                        I agree I was so nervous, I took my daughter over to meet my boyfriend and his daughter for 6 weeks in the summer and we were so nervous that the kids wouldn't get on or that my daughter wouldn't like him. I'd already met his daughter on my first trip. But the girls loved each other and my little girl loved my boyfriend to bits
                        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

So glad it all worked out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
                            I agree I was so nervous, I took my daughter over to meet my boyfriend and his daughter for 6 weeks in the summer and we were so nervous that the kids wouldn't get on or that my daughter wouldn't like him. I'd already met his daughter on my first trip. But the girls loved each other and my little girl loved my boyfriend to bits
                            Exactly!! It's great when everyone actually likes each other

Comment

Working...
                            X