What will your future be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will your future be like?

I'm new to this website and I'm so admired at all of these people who are also in long distance relationships.
    Do you guys have reasons to be in a LDR or did it just happen?
    I dated people here in Florida but I really don't like them. I find LDR are better because when you get chances to be with them it's like you fall in love all over again. It's a beautiful thing.
    My boyfriend lives in Delaware and we've been talking since last December but started officially dating since July 5. I was in another LDR that was giving me hell. I was so in love and I literally thought it was love. But then I met him and my whole perspective changed. I now know what love is and I see a future with him.

How do you guys see the future with your partner?
    I see him and I graduating university together to start the same career we want to do. (Directing and screenwriting.)
    Love is an amazing thing and I just really wanna hear everyone's fantasy future with their loved ones.

Welcome to LFAD! I met my SO and became fast friends, and then eventually more. Neither of us intended for anything to happen, but you can't help who you love. When he had to leave to go back home, we decided to try things. That was almost a year and a half ago (we've been dating for two years total). So yeah, I guess it "just happened" for us, as we had no intention of falling in love and here we are now.

I certainly hope that my future involves closing the distance, marrying, and having lots and lots of babies with the love of my life! It isn't that fantasy though if you ask me! We're just waiting for the "right" time to take that next step in our relationship (AKA, I'm waiting for him to decide to put a ring on it )
    Last edited by MissingMyDutchLove; November 19, 2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

SO and I met through a mutual love of rock music and "gaming," so to speak. We hit it off really well, been together over 7 months now. We already see each other's futures with one another, with me moving over to the USA in the next 3-4 years, luck permitting. What happens beyond that, is beyond us both yet. We meet for the first time in 4 months, with him coming here to visit and to meet my parents. I'm debating going to Arizona in Summer 2016, though it's still a sketchy thought right now. "It just happened" for me and him too, and is continuing to happen.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! I hope it's ok if I'm posting on this thread too. I actually got into my own LDR after vowing I would never do it again, but it just happened, and even with the distance this has been the smoothest and most fun relationship I've ever been in. I guess in many ways, LDRs sort of suit me - I'm very shy and it's difficult for me to feel comfortable with men, so it let me get to know him in a really safe way at my own pace. Basically we were friends before anything else, and that helped a lot.

My future with him seems both incredibly fantastic and beautifully simple. In 8 months I'm going to take an extended vacation and rent a little place in his town for 90 days, so we can see what we're like in close-distance dating. I'm going to pursue my dream of writing and e-publishing while I'm down there - something I've put off for a long time because I had to be responsible and work in "real jobs". We'd both like to get married and have a family with each other, and ultimately I'd become an American citizen. What's incredible about all this is that if you had told me a year ago that one day I'd be dating someone from Cape Cod with plans to marry him and move down there, I would have never believed it. It's amazing how much one person can change your life, isn't it?

Comment

Hi and welcome to LFAD

I've been with my SO for almost 4 years now, so we definitely know there's a future for us. We started out as really close friends and then started dating through our last years of high school. I see a bright future with him. I'm going to be moving down to Australia with him and we're going to start a life there soon. We've had a "test run" with how it would be if we closed the distance. I visited him and his family for 6 months. We stayed in the same house, slept in the same bed, and shared household responsibilities. In a way, it was just like we had closed the distance. Yes, I'm still young, but I see marriage in the near future. I want to follow my dream and become a psychologist and my SO wants to become a childcare worker (he's been going to school for that). I'm not in any rush to move down there and become a permanent resident though. I want to travel around with him and not rush into things. I think in all the years we've been together (even though we started this relationship at a young age) I know this is what I want, a future with him.

Comment

I thought I would never be in a LDR. I never thought they were somehow better. Sure, especially in the beginning it was always exiting to see each other again, but living apart also brings on a lot of challenges that neither of us wanted, it is expensive and internationally there can even be legal issues. I met SO on a holiday and I hardly told people in the beginning because it sounded to stupid to fall in love on holiday. But we just clicked. We have dated more than 2 years and while we have had some struggles, I do see my future with him. My future fantasy is to have him in my city working, or me coming to Turkey to work, and a lot of language learning!
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

For me, my LDR just happened. I wasn't really ever expecting it. I just joined a forum to get in touch with other people that shared my hobby (chicken raising. Weird, I know :P) and I ended up meeting my boyfriend through there. That was almost 2 years ago now. We were very close friends for several months before deciding to date. I originally told him that I wanted to meet him in person before I got into a relationship with him. But again, things just happened. And here we are! Our first anniversary is in 4 days. There are many pros and cons to a long distance relationship. I agree, being apart for a while and then seeing each other in person does make you feel like you are falling in love all over again. Which really is a plus. But if I could have a close distance relationship, I would. In a heartbeat, honestly. I am the type of person that loves physical affection. Hugs, kisses, cuddles. You name it. Without that in a relationship, I struggle. In this case, it's worth it. But I'm looking forward to the day when it's over.

As for my future with my SO, I wouldnt really call it a fantasy. More like future plans. I have been working full time to save up money to hopefully close the distance in the summer when my SO and I turn 18. If things go well, my boyfriend says he would like to propose before Christmas of next year, and get married the summer we turn 19. That's crazy young, I know. I know a lot of people will have lots of negative things to say about it. But I feel that by that point in my life, and his, we will be ready for it. I guess we will just have to see!

For the not so near future, I want to go to school to become a nurse and maybe have a baby (but only one. Haha) My boyfriend is contemplating pursuing voice acting. Well.... Not really. He has mentioned it a few times, but I think he would be great at it. So my plan is to try to convince him to pursue it. Lol!
              ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
              Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
              First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
              Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
              Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
              Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

I never chose to be in a LDR, I just fell in love and they happened to be far away. If I could have been in the same country as my husband at the time I met him, I would have!

In our future I see a house together with his sister and her husband, children on both sides, hopefully 3, maybe 4 and lots of guinea pigs

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

You could say I was looking for friendships online and so was he. The love just happened after months of friendship. The love was there before we even met which is incredible. LDRs can be so intense. I have to admit after a long long relationship with one person I did not know how to date and it was easier for me this way. For the first 3-4 months we exchanged no pictures, only communication was via chatbox. But still we were so drawn to each other, we chatted every change we got and our lives allowed.

For future, we are starting to have plans again. It's been almost 4 years soon but with long months with less contact before of circumstances. We have not talked about future in very much detail but right now it looks like I will visit his hometown in February and long term plan is that I create job and income that moves with me to the States. This will not be easy with two teenagers but he absolutely cannot move right now away from his mom so this is our option. We are not rushing into anything although I'm very impatient at times. One thing is clear though, we are stuck for life and I love it

Comment

Originally posted by Suppraa_ View Post
                    Do you guys have reasons to be in a LDR or did it just happen?
                    We met each other on a dating site. I had hoped to find someone closer to me, but she fully expected to date someone from out of town. I guess we had different ideas about distance when we first started out. It was as if it was her expectation to have to travel to meet a quality person who she was interested in, while I hoped to find someone within a 10-20 mile proximity.

We started chatting on the dating site, but I was unsure if I ever wanted to try an LDR again because I had a very rocky, volatile LDR before. When we started dating and we got along very well, and we take it one day at a time. So for me, it kind of happened that I ended up in a long distance relationship after I said that I didn't want any more long distance, but she intentionally entered into a long distance relationship because she thought that she wouldn't find anyone close to her.

Originally posted by Suppraa_ View Post
                    How do you guys see the future with your partner?
                    We haven't planned a future. We've only been dating 8 months.

Comment

We've been together 2 years. Our first ever conversation was about our favorite TV show at the time and we found out we had a lot more in common as well. We aren't sure what our future holds but we're hoping to move in together between May - August 2016.

Comment

Hi all, thought I would add to the conversation here.
                        My LDR just sort of happened, we met at uni, we spent 4-ish months together then we had to be apart, a week turned into a month and that turned into a year, in total we have been apart for 3 years and 8 months. If you count from the moment we got together, we will be 4 years tomorrow ^_^

Now, by 4 years, only 2 things can happen...we could have a massively big argument due to a strain in the relationship we have been experiencing in the last 6 months which still has not been quite resolved or (and i hope this is the path it will go) we will be together for a very very long time and eventually close this distance and I can finally say I am no longer in a LDR.

hopefully my future will involve having my own little place in the city, somewhere in the UK, earning enough so that he can continue to follow his dream of getting his PhD and I'd be able to maintain an independent life for us, perhaps travel the world together, get our civil partnership (although we are big big supporters of gay marriage, we know we would rather have a civil union ourselves) and live together happily ever after just the 2 of us and our very own fish tank

Comment

Perhaps this is coming from a place of anger, but this question is totally stupid. You can't ever know your future, one day your discussing buying a home, the next you're breaking up.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                            Perhaps this is coming from a place of anger, but this question is totally stupid. You can't ever know your future, one day your discussing buying a home, the next you're breaking up.
                            This is very true snow_girl... the future is and has never been set in stone, but one can only hope right?

Comment

Originally posted by ben.from.beds View Post
                              This is very true snow_girl... the future is and has never been set in stone, but one can only hope right?
                              Hope only leads to disappointment

Comment

Working...
                              X