How It Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How It Started

My friend invited me to go to California with her in July. She was visiting some friends out there and figured I could go spend time with my sister. I absolutely went for it. As the trip date was approaching, she said she wanted to introduce me to this particular friend of hers Tony, and she told him the same thing. I was fine with it and kinda just shrugged it off. I really wasn't looking for anything at the time, I had been single for 2 years and was ok with that. When we got there she went to a friends house, and I went with my sister. She said she would get a hold of Tony and let me know what day we would meet for lunch. Well the day came to meet, and I just figured it'd be a regular chit chat lunch, nice to meet you, goodbye kinda thing. Boy was I wrong… I was instantly attracted to him, and I don't mean physically. It was easy for me to feel comfortable around him. Conversation was great, he's smart, funny, easy to get along with and he treated the waitress very well. He's a single Dad, 14 yr old boy, and works hard for him and his son. I was becoming more and more attracted to him as the conversation went on. I was bummed when it was time to go. I had no idea what he was thinking either. So, I just shrugged it off and figured that was that. I finished out my vacation and came home. A few days later I get a big beautiful flower arrangement from him, saying, I really enjoyed meeting you, I hope we can see each other soon. I was beside myself… I messaged him through FB because we hadn't exchanged numbers yet. We met a couple weeks later for the first time alone in Chicago. It was absolutely amazing. We were only able to stay one night though. It was a great get to know you better visit even if it was short-lived. I then went out to see him in August for 2 weeks. And that's when it happened… I fell in love with him. He is this big, bald, tattooed, Harley guy and very handsome, I might add who is a big teddy bear. We went through and overcame similar struggles in our lives. He is from my area… military and work took him to California. We think the same way about a lot of things. We are both pretty laid back and chill. He's always worried I'm not comfortable or enjoying myself when I'm there. I am happy just relaxing at home with him, making food, watching TV or whatever. I don't want/need to be entertained when I'm with him, just being there is enough. When the time came to leave, I couldn't hold back the tears, I wasn't even home a week and I booked my next trip, which is soon. I am going out there for 10 days over Thanksgiving. I am so excited. I miss him dearly.

What a sweet story! You and Tony sound great together <3

Comment

Working...
    X