Missing kids birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing kids birthday.

I'm not really looking for advice, just a place to vent out because I feel really down today. My boyfriend and I both have little girls in the same age group. We have got really close over the past few trips and I love her as if she were my own. It's her birthday today... I had looked into flight tickets to go visit for just a few days over her birthday and thanksgiving but we just can't afford it and I can't take my daughter out of school. Next year I am looking at not being able to see her for 7 months too and it's breaking my heart. SO is coming here for a week in march to meet my family but we just can't afford to bring her too with all the expenses we have this year and next. Visa's aren't cheap and then flights for us to get there when we move etc. I know we are closing the distance next year (God willing) and that I won't have to miss anymore birthdays. But there had been some sort of misunderstanding about when I was coming back and she cried herself to sleep the other night. I just want to go home and stay there. I know I can't stay, but it just hurts so much that I can't be there for her like I want to be. I can't cuddle her when she is sad, or even be there for her birthday.
    Just really needed to share as it's harder than usual sometimes..
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

I'm so sorry. Missing important days is so very hard. And when the reason is money, somehow that makes it feel so much worse! I've totally been there.

*hugs if you'd like them*

Comment

Can you all have a Skype birthday party???? Wear party hats and have some cake... sing Happy Birthday to her too.. Make it a special day for all of you
      Last edited by sasad; November 25, 2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Why don't you have like a special belated birthday celebration day when you see her next. Something special that you can do just because it won't be her birthday then doesn't mean you can't celebrate it.

Comment

I feel your pain. It's really hard. My daughters birthday is tomorrow, until distance is closed there is no way SO could ever be with her for her birthday because it's so expensive to fly around thanksgiving.

Same with his, his bday is 9th July. The cost of flying to USA for that week is simply astronomical. The price of tickets doubles. It just kills me that I will probably never be able to be with him for his bday until the distance is closed.

It's horrible and hard but try and stay positive. You have a goal in sight of closing the distance next year, that's really exciting. I gave no end in sight as yet and no date for the next visit either.

You will be with them really soon. Be strong xxxx

Comment

I feel your pain. It's really hard. My daughters birthday is tomorrow, until distance is closed there is no way SO could ever be with her for her birthday because it's so expensive to fly around thanksgiving.

Same with his, his bday is 9th July. The cost of flying to USA for that week is simply astronomical. The price of tickets doubles. It just kills me that I will probably never be able to be with him for his bday until the distance is closed.

It's horrible and hard but try and stay positive. You have a goal in sight of closing the distance next year, that's really exciting. I have no end in sight as yet and no date for the next visit either.

You will be with them really soon. Be strong xxxx

Comment

Thanks everyone. I spoke to her this morning and said happy Birthday and then I called her at his parents (he had to work) and my daughter said happy birthday too. I left her lots of presents and a card there. They are having a party on sunday I think.. but it'd be difficult for me to skype in for it as we can't skype at the moment. He has no internet since he just moved. I'll make it up to her over Christmas but it's never the same. If things go well with the visa again I'll never miss another birthday.
              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
              X