Customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customs

I'm taking some photos and personal effects to leave behind on this trip as we are trying to save on removal costs. A friend of mine mentioned that I could get denied entry? I have a court order saying I'm allowed to take my daughter from Dec 16 till January 9 and that I have to be in court for march 1st. Surely that is proof enough that I plan on returning? The court order shows that I am planning to move to the US in July next year. I also have the paperwork and evidence printed out for my K-1 and of course my tenancy. I'm sure with evidence I am planning to do things properly and have to return back home that they would let me enter?
    Just a little worried..
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Are you checking in luggage or carrying it on board? I wouldn't be too worried, especially since you have proof that you have to be back in the UK by a certain date. My SO has traveled to the US many times to visit me throughout our relationship, and he's never really had a problem with immigration. Don't worry too much about it

Comment

Of course the possibility to be denied is always there, but chances are you're most likely going to be fine.
      On all my trips I brought a second big luggage bag of 23lb of personal stuff, pictures, a computer (! desktop monitor incl.), clothes, books, magazines, etc. etc. and not once have I been questioned about my bags.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
        Are you checking in luggage or carrying it on board? I wouldn't be too worried, especially since you have proof that you have to be back in the UK by a certain date. My SO has traveled to the US many times to visit me throughout our relationship, and he's never really had a problem with immigration. Don't worry too much about it
        I'm taking 4 bags of the stuff. 2 hand luggage and 2 large suite cases.

Originally posted by snow View Post
        Of course the possibility to be denied is always there, but chances are you're most likely going to be fine.
        On all my trips I brought a second big luggage bag of 23lb of personal stuff, pictures, a computer (! desktop monitor incl.), clothes, books, magazines, etc. etc. and not once have I been questioned about my bags.
        I'm hoping that taking the court paperwork and plus showing them the fact we are applying for a visa will indicate I am not planning on staying over this trip. Also it's only a short trip. Just 3 weeks over Christmas. It's not like we are staying 3 months or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
          I'm hoping that taking the court paperwork and plus showing them the fact we are applying for a visa will indicate I am not planning on staying over this trip. Also it's only a short trip. Just 3 weeks over Christmas. It's not like we are staying 3 months or anything like that.
          Never volunteer information unless it is being asked for. Don't go up there telling them about the visa you will be applying for or anything unless they ask you for it. It might lead them to false conclusions (and trust me, they do as they thought I was going to work in the US because I finished college when I told them that) and get you denied!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

The only thing they may question is why you have so many suitcases for such a short trip. While I was living in the Netherlands, I left for a short trip with a huge suitcase and I was pulled out of line and questioned because they believed I brought back items that I didn't declare. When I was firm with my answers, they let me go after a few minutes. I know it's not the same thing as US customs, but I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't let you in because you're bringing personal items with you.

Comment

Last time I had all the paperwork and they never asked to see it. It's just nice to have that little extra security. I don't offer any information they don't ask for anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X