This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me Please :(.....

My gf and I have been together for a year when she was in her senior year of high school was when we met back then we had all the time for each other now that we both are in college and working we don't spent as much time communicating with each other but on the weekends recently she called it off and im hurting bad and I feel like im at my lowest point she told me that school is getting really hard and that next year (2016) her parents are cutting her loose financially and that she wont have any time to talk to me because she will need to pick up a second job on the weekends not to mention her parents never liked me she also told me that she doesn't want to lose me as a person and that maybe when she is done with school we can get back together I told her when im done with my 2 years of school I wont mind moving to where she lives she told me she doesn't know what the future holds and that she just want to be friends I told her I think we should take a break from contacting each other for a week now I miss her terribly and I cant get her off my mind I cant believe that this is really happening and I don't want to let her go I'm so depress and don't know what to do I really need help

Well first, holy run-on sentence.

But, you should really just start keeping yourself busy. Go out with friends, study, pick up hobbies, join some clubs at your school, work more. I would open yourself up to meeting new people, and don't necessarily hold out hope just for her. Sometimes when people say, "maybe some day we can get back together," it's usually only to lessen the negative effects of a break up...instead of actually meaning it.

You can be friends, but I think that's as far as you should take it. The no contact thing might be good for you right now to get yourself sorted out.

Comment

Yup. Agreed with whatruckus. Also, where there is a will, there is a way. If she wanted to be with you, whether she had to pick up a second job or not, she would be. That might be harsh reality, but it's reality.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
        Well first, holy run-on sentence.
        Amen, sister! That was my first thought. Second thought...it's college.....new people, new experiences. If it's meant to be, it will.
        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I'm concerned about your logic here. You say she called it off (meaning she broke up with you) and then you say you proposed a break to think things through. I want you to know that if your girlfriend/ex called it off at any point during the conversation you should leave it at that and consider it over unless she clearly states otherwise. Don't make one sided rationalizations. You may give yourself false hope and mislead yourself and it may pressure her and create animosity. Break ups suck and of course at first it's going to be hard. You can mourn the relationship, but as other's have said, keep yourself busy and maintain distance.

Comment

Working...
          X