Your "dating" website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your "dating" website?

I imagine there's quite a few of us who met our SO on some random website, while minding our own business/not looking for love at all- be it a gaming site, social network, a forum, etc.

We met on a hillwalking forum called walk highlands, where people discuss mountain routes and gear and climbing experiences etc. I'd been on for a while and he was a new member I greeted on the Hello thread, and I randomly private messaged him a question about mountain guides which I could very easily have Googled (and I am the Google Queen, LOL). Why did I randomly decide to PM him instead..? Can't say, it must've been fate!

So I was wondering.... what sort of websites did you and your SO use in a way which their creators likely never intended? What became your 'dating' website?
    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

We met on a website called 'Tagged' It was completely random!

Comment

LiveJournal

Comment

Gaia Online. We met in the fall of 04 through mutual friends whose roleplay I was a part of. I was the newbie and the baby (everyone there was already in high school or just about in college, I was only 14) and he was one of the oldest and well-known for his awesome writing and characters.

Comment

we didn't really meet on a website haha
          but if AIM (aol instant messenger) counts then alrighty :]

Comment

Deviantart.com Through one of the totally random chat rooms on there.

Comment

There's quite a wide variety of sites represented here! Love strikes anywhere

Originally posted by xMesmerize124 View Post
              we didn't really meet on a website haha
              but if AIM (aol instant messenger) counts then alrighty :]
              Absolutely! I had a previous LDR, it ended about 10 yrs ago & he's still among my closest friends- but we met when I decided to just randomly send him a message on AIM, and he went along with talking to this wacky total stranger... for about 4 hours, haha. To this day I'm so glad I sent that message!

Comment

World of Warcraft - we are nerds. Hush Sllver you know it and so do I. Just admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Èternity View Post
                  World of Warcraft - we are nerds. Hush Sllver you know it and so do I. Just admit it.
                  LOL! That's awesome. I've actually never permitted myself to play WOW, because I'm afraid I'd never be able to drag myself to the office again! (Doing so is already hard enough without THAT temptation!)

Comment

Also WoW

Comment

I'm with LMH. I met my SO through Gaia Online, through a quest thread my friend was hosting. They'd been friends for a while and she introduced us. =]

Comment

MSN Classic Rock music group and chat, circa 1998 WOW!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

myyearbook.com
                          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We technically met on Ventrilo, a gaming VoIP.
                            We normally say we met on an SOE game.

Comment

IMVU. It's a 3D chat community.
                              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X