My L.D.R. Princess (Advice Please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My L.D.R. Princess (Advice Please)

So, First Thing First My Name is Kemba ( African for Faith) & I Fell in love with a girl Her name is Tyra & She is currently 1,402 miles away from me. I Live in Connecticut & She Lives in Louisanna. We meet through a Online Chatting site through a common friends of ours. When we first started talking we hit it off instantly.We send little love letters to each other via sms we skype everydayday and everything in between and we known each other for a bout a year now and this past Decemeber the 22nd She finally asked me out to be her girlfriend First i hesistate to answer when i saw the message then i finally messaged back saying yes i'll be honor to be your girlfriend. But i hesistate because this is my FIRST relationship and i dont know what to do if we ever fight or something... So I told a close teacher of mines and she starts rambling " Its not worth it because its ONLY a cyber online relationship Yes you can send and say sweet things to each other over the phone and what not but its not real because you two dont know each other in real life." So My question is to everyone. Should I give it a try or Should i end it before i get hurt in the long run? PLEASE HELP

Originally posted by KembaCooper View Post
    So, First Thing First My Name is Kemba ( African for Faith) & I Fell in love with a girl Her name is Tyra & She is currently 1,402 miles away from me. I Live in Connecticut & She Lives in Louisanna. We meet through a Online Chatting site through a common friends of ours. When we first started talking we hit it off instantly.We send little love letters to each other via sms we skype everydayday and everything in between and we known each other for a bout a year now and this past Decemeber the 22nd She finally asked me out to be her girlfriend First i hesistate to answer when i saw the message then i finally messaged back saying yes i'll be honor to be your girlfriend. But i hesistate because this is my FIRST relationship and i dont know what to do if we ever fight or something... So I told a close teacher of mines and she starts rambling " Its not worth it because its ONLY a cyber online relationship Yes you can send and say sweet things to each other over the phone and what not but its not real because you two dont know each other in real life." So My question is to everyone. Should I give it a try or Should i end it before i get hurt in the long run? PLEASE HELP
    All relationships, whether close distance or long distance, are going to end in one of two ways: you stay together or you break up. That's just reality. Being close distance has advantages and being long distance has advantages. At the age of 16, chances of this being the first of either a few or multiple relationships in your life is also pretty good. Sometimes teenage relationships last through adulthood but it's not all that common. However, you will never know what will happen unless you try.

Just because you met online doesn't mean something isn't real. Enjoy getting to know each other more. Maybe eventually you will be in a position to meet. But don't be discouraged because it is long distance.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Hey there and welcome to the forums

I agree with R&R. Not all relationships will last, but sometimes they do. I can understand you being hesitant about this. I was 14 when I met my SO and we started dating a few weeks before I turned 15. Of course being that young, it was my first relationship. I didn't know what I was doing. I also talked to a close teacher of mine and got the same response from her. Well here I am, 4 years later, still with my SO. Just because it's online doesn't mean the relationship isn't real. Yes, there are perks to being close together, but there are also perks to being long distance. You get to know the person on a deeper level and connect with them in an emotional way.

My advice? Definitely go for it! You'll never know until you try. If it doesn't work out, it was a great experience. If it works out, then that's amazing! Don't let what others say get in the way of something you really want to do. There will be some people who disagree with long distance, but don't let that bother you. You know yourself and your relationship, try not to let others get in the way of that

Comment

Honestly I think you might really enjoy getting to know someone who lives far away and dating them and its a great way to be connected if you can talk to them regularly.

Comment

Go for it. Here you have something so beautiful and you should definitly try. Take the oportunity and enjoy it. That's what life is for.

Comment

Working...
          X