Some Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Questions

I have a couple questions to ask... In 39 days I will be boarding a plane in Halifax, NS I will then land in Toronto where I will have to go through customs before getting on my plane to san diego, My questions are; 1. anyone who has gone through customs in Toronto was it quick? 2. What should I say when they ask me why I am going to the USA (it is my first time leaving Canada, owning a passport and obviously meeting my boyfriend) I am aware I shouldn't say I am going to see my boyfriend I am just worried about them questioning me too much 3. If I were to say seeing my boyfriend what would happen? 4. Is there anything I should try not to say or do while going through customs? Any info would be much appreciated!

Getting through customs isn't a super difficult thing. Depending on the customs, they'll either just ask you why you're going there, plus some additional questions (Are you carrying any foods, drugs, alcohol, etc.) Norwegian customs usually just asks for the intentions of the visit, while US customs will ask you what your intentions are plus if you have any of the aforementioned things with you. The first time I went to visit my SO, I just told customs that I was going to visit a friend. Second and third time, I said that I was going to visit my partner. As long as you're honest and calmly answer the questions they ask you, you should be fine.
    "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
    Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
    Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
    Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
    Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
    Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Comment

Good to know haha, I tend to be a worrier!

Comment

Working...
      X