Summer camp romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer camp romance

We both met at a summer camp. It was my first year there but I lived right next door to the camp, it is unusual for someone who never go to the camp or not international to work at the camp but I knew people and thought it would be fun. It was his second year returning, last year he had a girlfriend and wasn't sure if he wanted to return but he did! (with no girlfriend). He was the first person I talked to and it wasn't love at first sight but he knew I was new and was very welcoming. The other assistant nurse actually had a really big crush on him and by trying to get her to talk to him we hit it off. It sounds bad but she was 17 he was 21 an camp rules said they couldn't date plus they didn't talk and she turned our to be a really rude person. We developed a typical summer romance, hiding in the woods and hanging out right after our hours ended, and stuff like that! We even went skydiving together! Although deep down we knew we were serious we didn't say anything because we didn't want to pressure eachother into a long distance relationship because that is very hard to do but when the end of summer came we knew we both wanted it.

He went traveling in the us because that what he planned before meeting me and spent his last two weeks living with me, that's when I told him I loved him and he did the same. We did the airport goodbye and it was one of the hardest things i ever had to do. But we talked every single day and facetimed almost every day!Over winter break I went over to Scotland to visit him and meet his friends and family. As soon as I came home he bought his ticket to come over in march! I say we are beating the odds and I'm so happy we were more than just a summer fling!
Working...
X