Issues getting in the way of seeing my love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues getting in the way of seeing my love

So as some of you know, I've been having a lot of health issues lately. Doctors have me on some anti anxiety meds. However, they are concerned about the constant physical pain I am in. They have been looking at fibromyalgia as a possible issue. It has gotten in the way of my everyday life because I never have the energy for anything. It's so hard for me to get up and do everyday things, but I really try. My SO is upset because he feels like he can never help, he just wants my pain to go away, as do I.

This brings me to my main concern. I am flying out to see my SO in about 12 days, but I am concerned on how I'm going to make such a big trip...He lives in Australia, and for those that have traveled there, you know how long that flight is. I'm going to have relaxing music, watch some movies, and hopefully some melatonin to help me sleep...I have been debating to cancel my trip all together, but part of me knows that being away and going there will help me. It will help me have support from him physically. Last time I went there, I was depressed because of the situation going on at home, but when I was there with him, I felt so free. It felt like all my worries were gone and I could concentrate on bettering myself. And being away from him just stresses me out even more. He says maybe I should stay here until I feel better. I'm just torn at the moment.

I don't know what to do...My flight is in about a week and a half. I'm still not sure if I should cancel it or not.

Fibromyalgia tests are not really difficult. It is just a blood sample and a physical test by a rheumologist.

I have fibromyalgia (among other things). Without my meds in proper dosage, I am on edge all the time, with them I am almost normal. They also give some anti-anxiety effect, because pain in itself can cause anxiety or depression. I have experienced in the past that travelling can be difficult. What helped me, among the things that you mention, was some very soft socks, cooling spray (because I get hot when stressed), extra clothes, energy snacks and a travel pillow (I had the kind that has little beads inside and can change shape). If you are into relaxing music, I very much reccomend the MusiCure series, that incorporate nature sounds in the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Sy...26OmFkRwCVW-Wl
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It would be a good idea to find a naturopathic doctor or a holistic nutritionist. They can help your body heal and get the pain in control.
      Sounds like you're happier and in less pain when you're with so. Maybe that's a sign that you need to make changes in your life.

Comment

Don't cancel the flight. It would exacerbate the pain through the disappointment and depression you'd feel. Make sure you have your meds in an easily-accessible place and take more than you need with you so you have plenty and don't run the risk of running out, try and see if you can get your hands on something called "Deep Heat" (https://deep-heat.co.uk/ it's an anti-inflammatory, non-prescription, clear cream that you can massage into the areas where you get the pain and it provides localised pain relief, there are various brands of it so if you can't get one you should be able to get at least one kind). Don't wear tight clothing, ensure you have a pillow or cushion you could sit on, and like DC said, try relaxing music (I know Spotify has some free playlists that have a lot of relaxing music in them listed). Don't take too many items with you that will make your luggage overly heavy (believe me, this is a pain in the ass, but it'll help you). Take a small pocket fan or something similar like DC suggested too.

This might be something to consider when you come home as well, it's called "Back Magic." It helps me with the pain I get, by stretching out across it, it puts my back into the correct posture and it eases the pain. It's truly a miraculous thing, and I'd recommend it to anyone. DC, this might even help you too. Here's the website: https://www.backmagicworks.com/

Also, I'm not sure if you've ever heard of osteopaths (manipulation of pain, working in a similar but more gentle manner, compared to chiropractors) but this one guy who lives close to me has worked on me for years on and off to try and help, and he's managed to do some miraculous things. See if you can find one near where you live. Yoga might help too, the gentler forms work to give more energy, to relax you, etc.

I've been tested for Fibromyalgia, I sincerely hope you don't get that diagnosis.

Comment

I completely know and feel what you are going through, minus me traveling to Australia to meet my SO!! Currently, I am undergoing multiple tests to figure out what kind of neurological condition/autoimmune/possible cancer, I could have since I have been battling not being able to use my legs or walk or do daily activities like I use to. I would constantly fall or get wobbly legs when trying to walk and battled with extreme exhaustion for the past three months. I have been in and out of hospitals and rehabilitation hospitals and still with no definite answer. The issues you are going through can be tough, and especially frustrating. My biggest concern was that my SO was going to fly out here and he would have to see me in a hospital, since I have been having issues a couple weeks prior again. But, I stayed determined and focused, with the idea that he was going to see me not in a hospital gown, but just my normal self. I think the thought of seeing your SO pushes you to fight, knowing they have been with you and by your side the whole time during what you have gone through. I believe that was what helped me when I saw my SO this past week, despite having flare-ups, I pushed myself.

I listen to Deepak Chopra and Calm Meditation on Pandora to help me calm down (get tremors, so it calms my symptoms)! If you can bring tea packets with you, that also helps. I drank Peppermint tea to calm my symptoms and help me relax. Let me know if any of that helps!

Best,

Z
          BEST FRIENDS SINCE: 10/03/2012
          FIRST MEET: 02/10/2016 to 02/15/2016
          SECOND VISIT: 03/30/2016

Comment

Working...
          X