How do you deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal?

How do you guys deal with your air force, marine, army etc men being away? My brain is going stir crazy hah. I need to talk to people who understand!
    The Little Panda who LOVES her Marine

Forever and Always to Infinity and Beyond

1/28/16

I grew up as a Navy brat and had my dad away a lot... I dated a lot of military growing up as well...You need to remember and support your SO with the job he chose..
    I am in a ldr and it doesn't matter if my so is in the services or not, we all deal with the same pain and issues. We all fight time, distance and communication problems.
    This sight has tons of information to help you cope
    Last edited by sasad; February 20, 2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

My suggestion is to focus on other things and hanging out with friends and family. If you just focus on what you can't control, you will go crazy. Use the time to grow yourself, invest in yourself and just enjoying life. Plus, it will deff improve the conversation quality with your boo.

Comment

I do my best to stay busy. I use our time apart to do the things I enjoy that he doesn't (like crafting and singing at the top of my lungs in my underwear in the kitchen haha) and it makes it easier.

Comment

How many time do everybody here have to spend apart of your SO?

Comment

Time helps alot too like with all things you have to adjust to the routine of not seeing them every day and possibly not being able to talk as often as you might like. I was a wreck the first 4 months after my gf joined the navy I just didn't know how to deal with it. It does get easier though I know it's not an answer anyone wants because you can't do anything about it but my best advice is stay strong it get easier.

Just got to see my gf for the first time after she joined the navy and it has made every moment apart worth it.

And as others said keep busy pick up a new hobby enjoy your life too don't just miss that your so is away. Distractions are the best I spend a lot more time with my friends threw myself into my college classes and have started drawing.

Comment

Working...
            X