Furnishing a fake apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furnishing a fake apartment

I didn't see it on the forum (maybe I didn't search enough well enough), so I thought I'd share an idea I had a while back and that my GF and I just tried: "furnishing an apartment together". By this, I mean simply go to something like the Ikea website, or whatever sites that have large galleries of pictures of furnished apartment/houses in various styles, and comment on them on Skype: do you like it or not, what do you like about it, would you like the same furniture in your future home, do you like the colors, etc.

It's great to learn about your SO's tastes and also brings up many subjects related to how you would live together eventually, what kind of apartment/house you would like, etc. My GF and I ended up concluding that we have matching styles (provided that she doesn't paint our future bedroom in green).

An alternative: we also visited a website with castles for sales (there are a lot in Europe, France in particular), and did the same (do you like this one? why? why not? etc.). Now my GF is joking that I should give up my researcher job and go work for Google to make money and buy one of those. :-P

Such a fabulous idea Sunmat I think it'd be a blast to sit with my man when
    we get to be together (he's attached to his new phone) and create a "virtual apartment"
    with each other. We've decided that we want to do some Virtual reality tours of London
    together as many of the attractions we'd like to visit are quite expensive, but we've
    found them online in a virtual format. We are discussing living together at some point,
    though he's wary of doing so right when I get to the UK (me, I have zero fear of living
    together then)...maybe this would ease some of his apprehension, and if not, it'd be fun
    anyway! Thanks for the GREAT idea!

Comment

This absolutaly is a wonderful great idea! I love it and I am going to do this with my lady, very very nice!
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

that does sound like fun. I also had used a web site before.. or maybe it was an app, where you could decorate a house. that is a great way to see whether or not your tastes clash
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

What you can also do is share screens on Skype when one of you is playing the Sims That's what I did :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

^^ This.
            We would play Sims and show each other our houses! We have very similar taste.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

My SO cant get sims on her laptop (The internet gods hate her) so one of our planned activities when i go over there is to build and decorate a house on sims together. as someone who's terrible at interior deign even on the sims, this sure is gonna be fun :P
              my girls <3

Josie (SO)
              Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
              Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
              Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
              Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
              Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
              Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
              Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
              All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment