Obsessive LD Girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obsessive LD Girlfriend

I have been dating this girl for four years, we met on a roleplaying site a while back and we only began dating after I left my ex-boyfriend for personal reasons. But after several years she has began using our phone calls as an excuse to emotionally dump everything on me especially constantly putting her rage against her dad for being with a new woman against me for absolutely no reason and now I have gotten my life together to be able to be more involved with my parents and friends she began constantly harassing me with calls when she's angry with her family and expected me to throw my own family away, she even says she was jealous of the fact that I apparently have everything perfect, I did everything to assure her that she has no reason to be jealous of me or my family. And what's stranger is one day she's loving and kind then the next she's distant and cold towards me, JUST me but yet she had no problem with everybody else, as of recently I have learnt she was using dating sites and claimed we broke up just so she can find another man or woman to be with. Since then I am not happy with the fact she didn't want to fix anything but expect me to forgive her for it and now she still keeps calling as we speak and I'm just not happy with someone who's constantly changing her mind and mood every other day or whenever there's the smallest conflict that pisses her off, the obsessive calls are beginning to scare me as well.

Originally posted by VlatkaTheVampyress View Post
    I have been dating this girl for four years, we met on a roleplaying site a while back and we only began dating after I left my ex-boyfriend for personal reasons. But after several years she has began using our phone calls as an excuse to emotionally dump everything on me especially constantly putting her rage against her dad for being with a new woman against me for absolutely no reason and now I have gotten my life together to be able to be more involved with my parents and friends she began constantly harassing me with calls when she's angry with her family and expected me to throw my own family away, she even says she was jealous of the fact that I apparently have everything perfect, I did everything to assure her that she has no reason to be jealous of me or my family. And what's stranger is one day she's loving and kind then the next she's distant and cold towards me, JUST me but yet she had no problem with everybody else, as of recently I have learnt she was using dating sites and claimed we broke up just so she can find another man or woman to be with. Since then I am not happy with the fact she didn't want to fix anything but expect me to forgive her for it and now she still keeps calling as we speak and I'm just not happy with someone who's constantly changing her mind and mood every other day or whenever there's the smallest conflict that pisses her off, the obsessive calls are beginning to scare me as well.
    I've highlighted sections that threw up major red flags for me. This really isn't a healthy relationship, and it would honestly be within your best interest to cut her loose. Obviously she's going through a very hard time right now, and no one can fault her for that much. However, the way she's treating you is completely unacceptable. She needs to calm down and figure out what exactly the issue is that's bothering her SO much. I get her dad is seeing a new woman, but what is it about that specifically that's getting to her so much? (you don't need to answer that) She really ought to speak to either her dad about it if possible, or a therapist. There's no reason for her to harbor resentment against you, and there's no reason for you to have to put up with it.
    She's hurting, and she doesn't know what to do about it. Until she does, she's not really fit to be in any sort of relationship if this is how she's going to handle these feelings.

Comment

How old is your GF? This sounds like the actions of an angry teenager more than an adult.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Maybe she has some mental health issues?
        Either way I think that she's not ready for a relationship as well.

Comment

This definitely doesn't sound like a healthy relationship! You need quickly figure out if this situation is worth fighting for or just giving up on. The part that stood out the most to me was your partner on other dating websites as if she is single that's just something nobody should tolerate. Jealousy is okay to an extent she shouldn't in anyway be threatening you or turning her rage against your

Comment

Working...
          X