I'm new to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to this

Hello, my girlfriend is in the navy and she's currently in basic and then she goes to school and then she's assigned somewhere, we always talked about me moving with her and living together near her base but I just found out that since she is low rank then she has to live on base plus she gets deployed a lot, I am in the national guard and have done my training and stuff so I've decided to do college and become an Officer and go active that way when she gets out we can have a life and get married, I'm worried because I hear that navy relationships don't last especially since she is a girl, she is my first love and I've lost my virginity to her and everything, we always talked about settling down and stuff but we can't until we are financially able to which is why I'm doing an officer, anybody got some insight for me?

Being in the Navy is not a reason relationships don't last. Commitment, communication and maturity is what makes them last no matter what.
    You need to talk together and try to see what way you all want to go with this, there is a great chance you will both be stationed in different areas...especially if you are in different Armed Services

Comment

My boyfriend is currently active duty in the Navy. He does get deployed more often than other branches, but his deployments are shorter and not usually as dangerous, so that's a positive. You're correct about her having to live on base. Until she's at a certain rank (asking my boyfriend right now), she lives in the barracks because she's not given BAH-housing allowance. Or if you're married I've heard you can get it sooner. Like sasad said, the Navy isn't why relationships don't last. I've been back together with my boyfriend for almost a year and a half- he's been in the whole time- and we have never come close to having any sort of cliche military related issue that you always hear about.
      Long distance is rough, military + deployments can make it more rough, but if you guys want it to work, it absolutely will.

Comment

Working...
      X