X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deployment

Hello,

I am new to this but a friend of mine told me to join to get some insight. I grew up a military brat and growing up I knew I didn't want that lifestyle so I tried so hard to avoid it. I met this guy in January at the dog park by my house. We exchanged numbers and he took me out to dinner the next day. I found out he was a Marine and was leaving for a 6-7 month deployment in a month. My first instinct was to run but the date was so great we both didn't that night to end I decided to just go with it. From the day we met we hit it off. He had to leave to Idaho for a few days and he ended up cutting his trip short because he wanted to come back early to see me so he drove 17 hours straight to me and skipped out on Vegas with his buddies because he said would have more fun with me. He would talk to me about things in the future like he was so sure i.e settling down with me, planning road trips, vacations, couples Halloween costumes, etc. We hung out and talked almost every day up until he left for deployment. Before he left for deployment we agreed we wouldn't see other people and make it exclusive. I wrote him a letter a week, sent him a few care packages, and would make videos so he didn't feel like he was missing out on anything. A week in a half after deployment his ship was doing some training in Hawaii. He wasn't allowed to be on his phone but he was texting me the whole weekend. Eventually before they left he called me telling me how much he missed me, needed me, without me he felt sick, and would do anything to have another day with me. We left on such a good note so I continued to write him. They went off to do training in Asia and they were porting in China. He had told me next time they ported he would contact me. I found out his ship had ported and he was posting things on Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. I thought he would at least shoot me a text saying Hi, but I didn't hear from him. I texted him "Hi, how are you? I miss you." He read it but I didn't get a reply. The next day I messaged him on Facebook because I saw he was online and said, "Can you please stop avoiding me and let me know whats going on? I'll give you your space and i'll be here when you're to talk to me." Again, he read it but didn't reply. Now the ship has left and I am not sure when the next time I will talk to him. I stopped writing letters and sending care packages. I am just new to this whole long distance military relationship, I really don't know what to expect. None of it makes sense to me because we left on such a high note.

Just curious.... Did you all have relations? Yes, it could be he used you possibly.
    Did he ever send you anything back? Do you know anything about his friends/family/life?

Comment

He told me he had sent me a few letters but with military mail I am not exactly sure when I will receive them, its only been 50 days since he's been gone.

Yes, he introduced me to his parents before he left because they were out here to see him and I also, met some of the guys he was deploying with.
      We both had a similar lifestyle growing up with the military lifestyle.

Comment

Hmmm. I too grew up as a Navy brat and didn't want to live that was again either.
        That you got along so well, and then things went south almost sounds like he is either running away from you or it is possible he stepped out and doesn't want to say anything.
        Your relationship is do new, and it is hard to even know what he is thinking.
        Is he on a ship??

Comment

Lol, something you try to avoid you end up in.
          It's just the weirdest thing because he was the one who was the one planning the future and wanting to do things and I kind of just went with it. People I've talked to that we're around us when he was here said they wouldn't have expect him to just ignore me. I can sit here and try to pin point on what went wrong but I think I've done everything right. Im not sure if I should give him a few weeks to contact me or just walk away from it...
          Yes, he is currently on a ship.

Comment

Damn, I am so sorry. This has got to hurt as you don't have any communication at all. Was he with his buds in Asia posting etc?

Comment

Yeah I think that's the hardest part is I'm just left not knowing. Yeah him and his buddies were belligerent drunk. I've talk to a few friends about it and they said he might just wanted to party since he's been on the boat and will be on the boat for awhile. But I just thought a simple text would suffice..

Comment

That is possible... Is it his first deploy? And it could be the stress and pressure he is getting from his buddies. He may be embarrassed or just lost with all the changes and being out to sea. That is a tough place to be.

Comment

It's his second one but first time on a boat. The first one was in Afghanistan. Yeah I'll give it a month or so and see if he tries to contact me.

Comment

Working...
                  X