Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online LDR never met - would you let your SO bond with your kids?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online LDR never met - would you let your SO bond with your kids?

Just opening a discussion really. I can't wait for my SO to meet my two kids. He's an amazing guy and they'll really benefit from being around him. They've chatted with him on the phone and said a few quick "Hi's" on video chat. I'm just reluctant for them to really bond. Anyone else going/gone through this? Or anybody have any insight they wanna share?

I'm not sure how old your kids are and how long apart from their father, but that can make a difference. I have a ton of male friends due to my career choice and my son has met a bunch of them. He is almost 11 now and is fine with my so. Now bonding ... my so and son met on Skype before meeting in person. No way they could really both bond without meeting first. That being said.....they get all along great now, and my son calls, skypes, texts and plays online xbox1 with my SO/
    I wouldn't try to have him be anything but moms friend at least until you two actually meet up
    Last edited by sasad; April 11, 2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I met my SO online. I have two girls, 7 and 11.

I decided it would be better is I travelled over to USA, alone, for our first visit. It was defo the right thing to do.

I and fiercely protective of my girls. They have been through hell and no way was I ever going to risk that again. Luckily our visit went better than I ever could have imagined. SO will be visiting within the next few months and meeting my girls. They have spoken to him on FaceTime and he's superb with them. I'm optimistic that when he visits they will love him as much as I do.

If I were you, I'd go and meet him yourself first, alone. It's too much pressure for a first time visit to involve the kids as well. You need time on your own to ensure what you have is real and worth continuing with before you bring the children into the equation.

Just my personal experience and insight. Good luck and keep us posted with how this develops.

Comment

Working...
      X