This is happening...really! REALLY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is happening...really! REALLY?

Well, my wedding is happening....in 64 days! Our plans last September fell through due to lots of unexpected issues, but this time it's happening. The minister is booked, save the dates are sent, the venue contract is in my email, and our room for the weekend is secured. I'm going dress shopping with my daughter a week from today (ugh), photographer is booked.....I've done all of this in 24 hours!

We are getting married on the beach in Tybee Island on July 2, with a reception on a riverboat in Savannah. And we are staying a a (haunted) bed and breakfast! No official honeymoon, just the long weekend, but that's fine for is. We are going to Napa the end of Aug, and on an 8 day southern Caribbean cruise the end of Sept, so we can have a belated honeymoon! I can't even believe how many people are traveling just to be at our destination wedding. I am so happy. He's STILL not transferred to Ga, but I am done waiting to marry the love of my life. I can't wait to post pics!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

So happy for you!! I can't wait to see pics and hear all about it!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Wow!! All that in 24 hours?! AND you scored a haunted bed and breakfast!!! I am in awe of you. You are astounding! Congratulations and I can't wait for your big day to arrive!! <3
        Last edited by ChloChlo; April 28, 2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

OOMMGG!! How completely wonderful for you both!!!! That is great news and may need to hire you to set up a wedding in 24 hours : )

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
            OOMMGG!! How completely wonderful for you both!!!! That is great news and may need to hire you to set up a wedding in 24 hours : )
            LOL I was just thinking that! "Note to self, ask Tara Marie for tips on putting together a beautiful wedding in a hurry". That takes talent!

Comment

I'm very happy for you, it sounds like it will be a really wonderful time
              So, here you are
              too foreign for home
              too foreign for here.
              Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

congratulations, it sounds amazing!!

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I plan events for a living, just not weddings. My dream job is a wedding planner! My eldest daughter wants to help so I put her in charge of flowers and cake. Here we are 48 hours later and she hasn't secured ANYTHING. SLACKER! I'm just kidding about the slacker part. She's so thoughtful and creative that I KNOW everything she decides on will have deep meaning and be completely perfect! On top of it all, I found out he is having the ring designed. Based on his description, it's perfect! It's an 18k white gold band with 1/2 carat of diamonds 3/4 way around, the another diamond encrusted band with a 1 3/4 center diamond, followed by another matching diamond band. The three rings will be soldered together to form one ring. It's my DREAM ring.....and I am over the moon. How the heck did I get so lucky!?
                  sigpic

Comment

It sounds like a beautiful ring!!
                    Congratulations! Very Happy for you both

Comment

I can't believe I missed this post! Congratulations!!
                      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
                        I can't believe I missed this post! Congratulations!!
                        Thank you! I went dress shopping today and found a BEAUTIFUL dress. So not what I pictured and not what I would have picked, but it's perfect and it fit like a glove. Not a single alteration needed. And.....my wedding ring came in today and it's even more beautiful than I expected. It's a half carrot band of diamonds, a second half carat land of diamonds with a 1 3/4 Asscher cut center diamond, and a third half carat band of diamonds. It will all be soldered together after the wedding. It's so gorgeous. I can't believe how lucky I am to be marrying the love of ,y life with a dream dress and dream ring......ahhhhh!
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats Love birds! may your wedding be filled with love and enchantment..

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                              Thank you! I went dress shopping today and found a BEAUTIFUL dress. So not what I pictured and not what I would have picked, but it's perfect and it fit like a glove. Not a single alteration needed. And.....my wedding ring came in today and it's even more beautiful than I expected. It's a half carrot band of diamonds, a second half carat land of diamonds with a 1 3/4 Asscher cut center diamond, and a third half carat band of diamonds. It will all be soldered together after the wedding. It's so gorgeous. I can't believe how lucky I am to be marrying the love of ,y life with a dream dress and dream ring......ahhhhh!
                              Everything sounds gorgeous. Just a note - I was initially going to get my rings soldered together, but then decided against it, since they don't tend to spin a lot. I'm glad I didn't, because on the days when my hands are warm & fingers are swollen, I can only take them off one by one. I take them off to do yard work, dishes/heavy cleaning/scrubbing, and sleep, but I wear them the rest of the time. Just something to consider, because I definitely hadn't before.

PS CONGRATULATIONNSSSSSS. Also I hope you'll post a picture after

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X