Layovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layovers

So I have a 9 hour layover in Boston on my way to visiting my S/O in a couple more weeks. Wtf do I even do for 9 hours? I have a 4 hour layover in Iceland as well bit that's not nearly as bad.

Unfortunately Iceland's airport is quite boring and expensive haha! So make sure you bring a good book or something. For such a long layover I guess I'd venture outside of the airport. Or get a room and take a nice quiet nap on such a long trip. I always use this site to check out aiports I go through: https://www.layoverguide.com/2014/01...n-layover.html. I'm sure there are many fun things to do!

Comment

I have never had a terribly long layover so my advice is possibly useless. But if I was facing such a situation, I would want to rest and recharge, so I'd either get a hotel room and sleep/veg out, like MissButterfly suggests, or try to do things right in the airport that would help. Like have a nice long meal, check out any spa services they may have for a massage or pedicure or something (looks like Logan airport does have a spa!), get my hair washed and styled, and maybe even go somewhere quiet like the chapel to meditate, and then tuck myself up somewhere with headphones on and read a book.

But, that's me, the turbo-introvert. I myself would probably stay in the airport in Boston but venture out in Iceland. Especially if as MissB says the Iceland airport is boring. And that site she gave is amazing, wow!! Nice find, MissButterfly!

Comment

Boston Airport and traffic used to be a PITA.. I would be careful leaving there, and I am not sure how TSA is going over...
        Research some stuff around that area and in the airport maybe to see whats up..

Comment

I wouldn't go out of the airport even in a city I was familiar with! I would be scared to not reach my transfer flight, or get in trouble with custums or security! Nonono.... The only times I leave an airport, is if I have a long layover in the middle of the night and want to get a hotel sleep rather than try to stay awake.

What I do on long layovers, I break it up. I stay in one cafe a couple of hours with a cup of coffee, one restaurant a couple of hours, try the massage chair if I find one, brouce in a book store for half an hour... If they have an internet option I will use it, if not I will use books, magazines, cartoons and newspapers. I will look around for a fun thing, perhaps a bookmark; I love new bookmarks, they are useful and they are not expensive. I try out local treats that I have not tasted before. I look at people and have fun finding the Norwegians and Germans That one never gets old... I write in my journal, find somewhere to stretch, meditate, listen to music, check out the tax free etc.

Keflavik airport has free wifi, and at that point you will probably be tired and want to stream some movies...: https://www.kefairport.is/English/At...ies/Free-wifi/
          Last edited by differentcountries; May 3, 2016, 02:07 PM.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

How often do you travel? I'm asking because I joined Priority Pass, which allows me access to many of the lounges in airports around the world. It's not too cheap, so that's why you have to use it a few times a year for it to be worth it. I joined last year, after getting stuck with an 8 hour layover in Moscow, which without a visa, you cannot leave your terminal. You get free food, drinks (including alcohol), TV, WiFi, showers, electricity to charge devices, comfortable seating which are much safer to snooze it, etc. I've used it a few times since and I love it, I'm completely happy hanging in the lounges. There are other companies that offer this service, but I've found that Priority Pass really covers a lot of lounges.

If it were me though, I'd venture out and see a little of Boston, if you're comfortable with that.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Boston is a huge cluster. I've never had an issue getting in and out of Logan but I've only flown domestically. If you decide to go and explore, I would not suggest taking the T. A cab would be your best bet because the T isn't always as reliable as it should be and the cab will definitely get you where you want to go.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
              X