Figuring it all out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figuring it all out

My gf joined the navy not to long ago, it happened after we had been together for awhile (our two year aniversery happened quite recently).

It has been an adjustment to say the least going from spending several days together a week down to Skype steam and phone. I'm just not sure how to deal with the adjustment of her being gone. We still talk we play video games together and she is always amazing to me Always has been. However the lack of seeing her, sleeping with and missing the comfort of us just being in the same room together is really starting to take its toll on me. It has only been 3 months but feels like so much longer.

I've been browsing this site most of the night through tearfilled eyes and just wanted to get some of this feeling out, it really eats me up on the inside.

She seems to be doing so well in her environment and I couldn't be more proud of her but at the same time I've never felt so alone.

I feel a responsibility to try and not burden her with this sadness inside of me. So I wonder how do you make the tears stop and just be ok with the distance because you know you love each other.

Because I just haven't been able to yet.

Originally posted by Myers88 View Post
    My gf joined the navy not to long ago, it happened after we had been together for awhile (our two year aniversery happened quite recently).

It has been an adjustment to say the least going from spending several days together a week down to Skype steam and phone. I'm just not sure how to deal with the adjustment of her being gone. We still talk we play video games together and she is always amazing to me Always has been. However the lack of seeing her, sleeping with and missing the comfort of us just being in the same room together is really starting to take its toll on me. It has only been 3 months but feels like so much longer.

I've been browsing this site most of the night through tearfilled eyes and just wanted to get some of this feeling out, it really eats me up on the inside.

She seems to be doing so well in her environment and I couldn't be more proud of her but at the same time I've never felt so alone.

I feel a responsibility to try and not burden her with this sadness inside of me. So I wonder how do you make the tears stop and just be ok with the distance because you know you love each other.

Because I just haven't been able to yet.
    Welcome to LFAD.

It takes a strong person to be in an LDR and, IMHO, a stronger one to be in one with someone in the military. It's wonderful that you are so proud of her in all that she is doing and are encouraging.

She is obviously very busy, which may make it a bit easier for her. I'm sure she misses you terribly, but they are keeping her pretty busy. One thing that may help is to look back at things you did prior to the relationship. What things were you doing that maybe you stopped once you entered the relationship? Get back out there and start doing things for yourself. Spend time with friends that maybe you haven't seen as much of. Was there a new sport or game or hobby that you've always wanted to try but haven't? Take this time to spend some time focusing on yourself and doing some things for you. This will also give you additional things to talk about when the two of you talk.

And remember, you are in control of you emotions. When you get up in the moring, positive thoughts. When you start to get upset, remember good times or about things you are planning for the next time you see each other. If you wake up and think "today is going to be horrible because she's not here and I'm miserable" well, you are going to be miserable. It takes time but if you start the positive outlook, little by little it will help.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
      Welcome to LFAD.

It takes a strong person to be in an LDR and, IMHO, a stronger one to be in one with someone in the military. It's wonderful that you are so proud of her in all that she is doing and are encouraging.

She is obviously very busy, which may make it a bit easier for her. I'm sure she misses you terribly, but they are keeping her pretty busy. One thing that may help is to look back at things you did prior to the relationship. What things were you doing that maybe you stopped once you entered the relationship? Get back out there and start doing things for yourself. Spend time with friends that maybe you haven't seen as much of. Was there a new sport or game or hobby that you've always wanted to try but haven't? Take this time to spend some time focusing on yourself and doing some things for you. This will also give you additional things to talk about when the two of you talk.

And remember, you are in control of you emotions. When you get up in the moring, positive thoughts. When you start to get upset, remember good times or about things you are planning for the next time you see each other. If you wake up and think "today is going to be horrible because she's not here and I'm miserable" well, you are going to be miserable. It takes time but if you start the positive outlook, little by little it will help.
      Thank you for taking the time to say this I greatly appreciate it. You are absolutely right it really is just finding something new or do to keep you busy

I'll do my best to stay positive it just seems like a hard situation to be positive about but that should only matter so much when she means so much to me.

It's all worth it in the end right? These things work for people

Comment

Originally posted by Myers88 View Post
        Thank you for taking the time to say this I greatly appreciate it. You are absolutely right it really is just finding something new or do to keep you busy

I'll do my best to stay positive it just seems like a hard situation to be positive about but that should only matter so much when she means so much to me.

It's all worth it in the end right? These things work for people
        Yes, the can work out. We have many success stories on here. It takes both parties working together to get through the distance and it can be done.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
        X