Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know what to do here... Worried..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what to do here... Worried..

My SO and I have been together for about 10 months now (anniversary is tomorrow actually), we've never actually Skyped in these 10 months. The first time we tried, I got too nervous and called it off (SO was totally okay with it.) But it seems as though that's set us up on a pattern that frankly has me scared about our relationship. We've tried multiple times since then, but something happens everytime, whether it's one of us falls asleep or life circumstances force us to miss the time. Last night was the first time we actually had the time to have a video chat, but when it actually came to the time my SO gave an excuse as to why we shouldn't do it (She said that she didn't want me to tired for school). We rescheduled for today but yet again my SO disappeared and hasn't responded to me all day.

That's the other thing: We used to talk all the time, but now we go days, sometimes even a week without talking. My SO and I are in school and I get that it can get stressful and such, but I always make time to be available to talk...

I guess I'm asking what I should do here. Am I letting my mind get the best of me?
    (P.S. Sorry about the length.)
    Why do we fall and not rise into love?
    Because you become vunerable in it.
    -jangandfox (on instagram)

It sounds like it's time for a serious talk with your SO. 10 months is a long time to have never Skyped. Yes, people can be shy on camera, but that is a long time to have to wait. The disappearing and also such long times now wihtout talking needs to be discussed. Communication is very important and though it may be hard, you need to find out why your SO is pulling away.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
      It sounds like it's time for a serious talk with your SO. 10 months is a long time to have never Skyped. Yes, people can be shy on camera, but that is a long time to have to wait. The disappearing and also such long times now wihtout talking needs to be discussed. Communication is very important and though it may be hard, you need to find out why your SO is pulling away.
      Thank you for your reply. I just don't know how to even start a conversation like that.

Comment

I'm with R&R. Skyping is such an important part of relationships when your LD. I know that every time I even go a week without skyping my SO, I miss him so much even if we're constantly texting. As to how to bring it up: just start out casually. "Hey _____, we've been dating for 10 months and we still haven't skyped yet. I feel like that's an important next step in our relationship. What do you think about it?" and as far as the disappearing goes just approach it like you told us. "It really bothers me when we go a full week without talking. Can we try to work out a schedule to talk more frequently?/What can we do to try to talk more?"

Comment

Thanks for the replies, we talked briefly but I can't seem to get my SO to stay online long enough to talk in depth about it. I'll keep trying though, again thank you for your help.

Comment

You need to have a serious talk. 10 months without any video contact is too long IMHO. If you can't talk online maybe send an email? (Not the best way to start but something has to change)
            Make sure you explain what you need to have communication wise and listen carefully to your SO's response.

Comment

Working...
            X