Textnow app UK-USA/Canda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Textnow app UK-USA/Canda

Just wanted to share something I discovered today in case it helps anyone on here. If you're in the UK and want to contact someone in the USA or Canada you can use Textnow for free. It sets you up a USA area cell phone number and it means you can SMS text, picture message and call someone else in the USA or Canada using it without paying anything, it just uses your wifi connection. People from the USA/Canada can also call and text you on it free too.

I found it as I was looking around for options as my SO will be without his smartphone for a while so our normal Viber / e-mails won't work. This way though we can still text and call for free.

Works great! I'm in the Netherlands and my girlfriend lives in Canada!

Comment

I use whatsapp which works very similarly. But it uses your actual number. I don't use it with SO but i do use it with my friends and some of them are in the US. It's also free.you can send voice clips, make phone calls and send photos. I used it to call my family at Christmas when i was with SO. Again completely free.
      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
        I use whatsapp which works very similarly. But it uses your actual number. I don't use it with SO but i do use it with my friends and some of them are in the US. It's also free.you can send voice clips, make phone calls and send photos. I used it to call my family at Christmas when i was with SO. Again completely free.
        Hi Ella,

I've used both TextNow and Whatsapp! I would say Whatsapp is cleaner as far as layout. Both are very good options

Comment

I just tried to sign up, but it doesn't work in the Republic of Ireland apparently. Disappointing for me, but may be useful to others.

Comment

Working...
          X