Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deployments - No news for months

Hey everybody!

How do you deal with the deployments, when your patner is gone for a few months and you cannot contact him at all?

I will listen to all tips, advices.. Don't hesitate!

Thank you!

Nobody?

Comment

You can't really do anything to hear from your SO, even briefly? If so, for how long?

Comment

Luckily, I've never been in your situation, but the only thing I can say is the tried and true: stay busy. If you can't talk to them for months, then distract yourself for those months until you can. I'm not sure what else to tell you other than maybe letters in order to stay in contact at least a little? Best of luck to you!

Comment

My ex-SO was in the military when we first got together. He specialized and would be pulled away for a week or a few months with no warning. I didn't know where he was and there was no way to reach him. I kept myself busy. There was nothing I could do about it, so sitting and being sad or upset about it didn't help at all.

When an SO is deployed, the last thing they need to be worrying about is their SO back at home. They need to focus and know that they can trust you and that you will be ok while they are gone.

He still will have a home base with an APO address. Send him mail. Sometimes they can forward it to him where he is. If not, he'll have mail to read when he gets back to home base and know you were thinking of him.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by WildFirefly View Post
            You can't really do anything to hear from your SO, even briefly? If so, for how long?
            Just emails. For two months approximately.

Originally posted by MissingMyDutchLove View Post
            Luckily, I've never been in your situation, but the only thing I can say is the tried and true: stay busy. If you can't talk to them for months, then distract yourself for those months until you can. I'm not sure what else to tell you other than maybe letters in order to stay in contact at least a little? Best of luck to you!
            Thank you!

Originally posted by R&R View Post
            My ex-SO was in the military when we first got together. He specialized and would be pulled away for a week or a few months with no warning. I didn't know where he was and there was no way to reach him. I kept myself busy. There was nothing I could do about it, so sitting and being sad or upset about it didn't help at all.

When an SO is deployed, the last thing they need to be worrying about is their SO back at home. They need to focus and know that they can trust you and that you will be ok while they are gone.

He still will have a home base with an APO address. Send him mail. Sometimes they can forward it to him where he is. If not, he'll have mail to read when he gets back to home base and know you were thinking of him.
            You are right, it can happen at anytime and I have to do stuffs. That's already what I'm doing even if he's still there. For mail, I will not be able, but I can email him, at least..

Comment

Working...
            X