Long Distance without meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Long Distance without meeting

So this girl and me had a common Facebook group in which she had some query so she personally inboxed me. I opened her profile and found her cute so I continued talking. We bonded really well and within 2 weeks she told me she likes me. We had seen each other through pictures and talked 1 or 2 times on the phone. Two weeks later, we got even more close and she told me that she loves me. I shared a similar feeling too and we got together. We used to be this insanely connected couple who used to send poems to each other, be all sweet as lovers yet tease and ridicule each other as friends. All went perfect for some time. Then she stated getting busy with work and since my college is off for now, I'm way too free and started getting demanding. I expected that everytime she is online, she should message me. I would have sent a text, she would be online yet she won't reply until some time. When asked she tells me that she had work in college. Once she comes back, she talks to ab extent though. She used to be pretty sweet with all her poems and everything but nowadays she's just too overburdened to do that stuff for me. She told me once that her work is her number one priority and she would chose that over me but that she loves me and if I badly needed her, she would be there. Since it's a long distance, I feel like being with her. Needing her but I don't know if this would ruin our relationship. She told me once that she is really comfortable with someone if she falls asleep while talking to them. She used to do that to me but nowadays she says she is going to sleep yet I find her online till hours later. Have never told her this but this somewhat bugs me. I'm going to meet her for the first time soon and have a hope that things would get better. We would have a better connection with our first physical touch and togetherness. What should I do?

Wait and see... I hope the trip isn't too far away. It's great she is concentrating on her schooling. And just because she is online, doesn't mean she's hooking up with others. She can be doing homework etc.

Comment

Any relationship requires that each person still maintains their own life and individuality. It appears that your SO is doing this and you are struggling because you haven't quite reached that place. It's time for you to get out there and do more for you. Find something you enjoy that will keep you busy. It also helps because it gives you additional things to talk about if you have a hobby, etc.

Also, a lot of people don't like someone overly clingy and demanding of their time. Yes, a relationship does need time put forth but sometimes not each party is able to put the same amount in. I have extra time because I have a set work schedule and my SO works 16+ hour days and then comes home and has to write up bids. I'm happy when we are able to talk but keep myself busy with other things because I know he is so busy.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
      X