Medical insurance while travelling to Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical insurance while travelling to Sweden

Okay, ALL help is appreciated! My boyfriend is planning on visiting something this coming winter and mentioned me flying back with him when he leaves so that I can meeet his family and have company my first time flying. However there's a couple of things I'm having issues with. #1. I won't be covered by my insurance when I go to Sweden, what have you done in similiar situations? I'm looking up different options and things but I admit, it confuses me.

#2. If I can figure out the insurance (which i should do soon because it can take 3-6 months for me to get a passport) My mother is extremely scared of me flying....... Any tips for making parents a bit more comfortble with daughters taking off for distant lands in an airplane?

#3. I have motion sickness, hasn't been as bad the last few years (since I got my drivers license) but the flight is a bit scary for me as well because of the possibility of feeling ill amongst a bunnch of strangers. Anyone else suffer with this and have tips and tricks? Or experiences of first flighst to share that might help?

1. You will need a world wide travel insurance, either a single travel one or pay for a year. I am not sure what is confusing about it, you just have to make sure it covers all eventualities during your stay. I am sure there is not point buying that before you have a passport and have bought the tickets, as you buy in relation to the time you will be away (unless you get a year round insurance).
    2. Sweeden is a safe country. Airplaines get safer every year. You are safer on a plane than on a bus.
    3. I am not sure how motion sickness will get triggered on a plane. Especially a big plane like this, you will not "feel" it move. If you are scared of flying, maybe get a drink or a sleeping pill to doze off. Also, remember that if you get scared or sick, the airline people are there to help you and they are used to all sorts of people. You might explain to them that you are not used to flying and if they can tell you what might happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LptFaljeK3w
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sometimes, depending on where you book your flight, you get the option of adding on travel insurance that covers some kinds of medical emergencies. If not, simply googling "travel health insurance" yields good results.

As far as your mother goes, it's natural for her to worry about you, especially if it's the first time you travel. However, you're also an adult and she should hopefully trust you not to do anything irrationally stupid that would put your life in danger. I suggest going over your contingency plans with her. Tell her what you'll do if something goes wrong (eg if you miss your flight, you will talk to the airline, and you have money/credit card to cover you in case of a food emergency, etc). Give her the places and phone numbers of where you'll be. Hopefully she'll have met your boyfriend by then which would help.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
      X