Wow, was that stressful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, was that stressful

So we got married in Saturday. But it didn't go off without a hitch (or 12). We arrived Friday at our destination wedding, no problem. My guests from NY, not so much. Friday night my (now) husband and I started getting text messages. All of our LoNg Island guests were at different airports trying to get out. My brother Ryan was at Newark, my niece Ashleigh was at JFK, my best friend Paula was at @Lagurdia and our Bestman and his GF, Jack and Suzanne were at Long Island, Islip. .Apparently there was bad weather in the northeast. It stsrted with text messages that flights
    were delayed. My brother was sitting in a plane for three hours, then they took him off, then they put him back on, then they took him off again. My niece was at the airport since 10 am for a noon flight and was still sitting there at 7 pm. Our best man kept texting his flight was delayed and he had ten minutes to catch a connecting flight in Baltimore. My girlfriend was sitting at the airport texting delayed again, over and over. Then my brother texts that his flight is canceled and there is no other flight he can get on. He's catching a train back to Long Island and going home. I am devastated. Jack texts that the airline has advised him to put his wedding clothes in his carryon, Because if he makes his connection his bag definitely will not. Ashleigh texts she is on the plane but not going anywhere. Paula texts her flight is canceled and it's the last flight out. My other brother is desperately trying to get his daughter and my brother onto any flight to Savannah....no luck. Then Jack texts that he isn't going to make his connection, so he's taken his bags off the plane and is getting in the car and driving 14 hours to be there in time for the wedding. I tell my brother Ryan that at least the best man is going to make it because he's driving. My brother says, I am getting off at the next train station, tell him to stop and get me, I am coming! Now fred and I are sobbing. We are sitting at dinner crying like babies because these people are doing this for us. Now Paula texts and says she's gone bat crap crazy on delta and they are bumping someone off the flight and putting her on the first flight out in the morning. She won't make the ceremony but she will make the luncheon and evening reception. Now I am thrilled because everyone except my niece is going to make it. She's still stranded on a plane sitting on the Tarmac. The amazing B&B we are at feels bad for us and sends us a $200 bottle of champagne on the house. I call the minister and the photographer and ask them to move the ceremony back an hour and a half to get the best man and my brother here. They both agree. The next morning we head to the wedding on the beach. When we get there I tell my daughter I am so happy everyone can make it but sad Ashleigh didn't get out. My daughter says she's here! She got in at 3 am! Now I am thrilled. We are at beach and I send out a group text to everyone to leave early becsuse the traffic is getting heavy. We go and take our pictures. Around 11:20 there's nobody there (ceremony is at 11:30). Then the text messages start....there's an accident in the ONLY road to the beach. Everyone is stuck in traffic. Holy cow! I can't start the wedding and the minister and photographer have another wedding. It's getting hotter and hotter. My daughters are both getting sunburned. It's 11:45....then noon...we are all hot and sweatshirt, sunburned and thirsty....and the first guests start arriving. Finally, everyone got there and WE GOT MARRIED! I was worried for a while, but it all worked out, thankfully. And now I am Mrs. Ciccone!
    Last edited by TaraMarie; July 6, 2016, 08:00 PM.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Wow, what a mess, but congrats to you two!! Wishing you nothing but love and happiness! <3

Comment

Oh wow, I can't imagine the stress. Sorry that so many things went wrong, but glad you got married eventually! I wish you all the best!
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I'm so sorry about all the stress but I am so glad that everyone made it for your special day!! It will definitely always be memorable!!
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Wow, how stressful! I'm so glad it ended up working out, though. Congratulations!!

Comment

Ouch about all the stress! But congrats on the wedding! Best wishes for you both

Comment

Everything turned out thankfully. Congratulations!

Comment

Awww...sorry that was a rough start. Congratulations to you both and many years of Happiness ahead !!!

Comment

Congratulations x

Comment

That's a lot of stuff going bad, I am glad it turned out all right in the end. Congratulations to your wedding and good luck with your marriage!
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Holy moly!! So sorry to hear about the chaos but SO happy it happened no matter what! Congrats!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                      Married April 18th, 2015!!
                      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Wow that's crazy! I'm glad to hear it all worked out one way or another. Congratulations!!

Comment

Jeeze!!! When it rains, it POURS! Literally and figuratively. Yeah, the storms over here were pretty bad Friday, but I don't understand how they were stuck for so long. It cleared up around 6 and stayed clear until about 9pm, so they should've been okay to take off.

But, YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow, I'm so sorry about all the hassle, but I'm glad it turned out well in the end. Congratulations to you and your husband!

Comment

Oh wow, what a terrible luck. Glad it turned out well in the end~
                              And congratulations on getting married :3

Comment

Working...
                              X