ESTA (VWP) change of details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESTA (VWP) change of details

I am struggling to find the info I need on the ESTA website so I'm just asking here to see if anyone else has been in this situation.

My ESTA (visa waiver program) is still valid until March 2017 so I don't need to apply for a new one to travel to the US in a few weeks time. However, when I have been on to check the dates today I noticed it has my old address and job details on. I have tried to change them online but it appears the only details they let you change are your contact details for when in the USA. I've read through the FAQ and it appears that it doesn't matter if your UK address is invalid but I'm still worried that I'll get to customs and they'll ask me questions that maybe don't match up. I even tried applying for a new one (it's only $14 after all) but it won't let me as my current one is still valid.

Has anyone been in this situation? I can't remember what they asked me at border control last time but I'm pretty sure the guy asked me what my job was.

Obviously I haven't been in this situation before but both times i've gone through border control they haven't asked me about my job or anything just how long i'm staying for and if i was here for business or for a holiday. Is your new job still in the same sector as your old one so even if they ask you can sort of dodge it and say you work in that sector and not be really specific?
    Best of luck and I hope everything goes okay anyway :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I think the border control was just asking me as small talk about what I did, but you can never tell if it is small talk or if they're grilling you! My new job is different but I think I'll just be honest if I get asked. It's my biggest worry about travelling that I'll be turned away even though there is no reason for it to happen it just makes me panic!

Comment

Working...
      X