Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you say "I love you"?

And who said it first?

I'm kinda curious really. Been with my guy for about five months and I feel quite in love. I'm not considering telling him at all, but it's made me curious about you guys.

He actually said it much faster than I would have expected. We started talking on a Tuesday (at least for me, time difference lol), skyped for the first time on Thursday, skyped for 3 hours on Sunday, and I think he said it sometime on Sunday. So 5 days? Caught me so off guard that I didn't say it back until Tuesday, which was still only a week of talking to him. It messed with my head how fast it happened, but I'm happy it did

Comment

If you mean the confession, we both kind of knew about the other's feelings already.
      But the way the actual talk started was "Should we be in this limbo any longer or?" and went on by us just automatically confessing.

As for the first actual "I love you"? None of us have any idea. It just started on its own.

Comment

We were messaging for quite some time already before we met. We got along well on our first date, so he sent me a message 2 days later that he wants me to be his girlfriend and he likes me. Another two days later I got a message saying he could not imagine me leaving for my country again, because he loved me. Some days later he told me in person on our second date. It all went very fast. I said it back right away because it all felt so right. What really took me aback was the last day I was in Japan and had to go back he said it in my language. This felt even more real to me and made me very happy.

Comment

I can't remember exactly when it happened, though I'm quite certain I said it first and if was immediately reciprocated back because my guy is not particularly verbal. He doesn't lay things like that out very easily but shows it in other ways.

Comment

I was into her and loved her for a long time before we started dating and told her i loved like every day when we said goodnight to each other and stuff. i guess it was more of a friendly thing though as she said it back and she told me about how she tells her best friend that she loves her. The first proper serious i love you from her was a few months in i think because of our circumstances. It probably woudl have been a lot sooner if she wasn't so cautious about falling for me :3
            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

She told me "I'm in love with you" after about 2 months, during my second visit. I wasn't expecting that but replied "I'm in love with you too". The next day I told her "I love you", she said "no you don't, you're in love with me". Followed some discussions on the difference between "being in love with" and "loving" someone. So technically we didn't tell each other yet (it's been 6 months of relationship), we both agree that we need to spend more time physically together for those words to actually mean anything, and I also know for a fact that she won't tell it before I do.

Comment

He said it first in a letter/poem in the back of a book he sent me for Christmas. I said it in a phone call some 11 days after we got together.

Comment

With my SO I felt things were happening too quickly for me, so I tried my hardest to slow things down. We first started talking during the end of September of 2014 and we both knew really quickly that we were getting feelings for each other, but I was too stubborn to admit it. On around Halloween we had a real deep conversation that night about our pasts and we got real close that night. He ending up falling asleep accidently and I jokingly got angry with him but he took it seriously. He woke up and texted me at 3AM and told me that he was sorry and that he didn't wanna f*ck this up because he was falling for me and that every day he was falling deeper. He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend til his birthday (November 2nd). The first "I love you" came from him the very next night and I said it right back. At that point it all just felt so right.

Comment

It went about as slow as a car without breakes. I met him during my one week holiday stay, we started dating the last couple of days, I flew back and we started Skyping and texting. I said, the first week after I came hope; we talk as if we are in love. He said, that's because we are. Strong words soon followed - I was absolutely taken about with how brazen he was with words. He was like, I love you, how can I marry you .

We dont say I love you a lot though (usually more Miss you). I am not sure I would say that everything felt right at the time, I was broke and jobless, without the means to visit him, having almost just met him and a bit freaked out actually! But we found ways And he was like "You are not a girl to forget", like that was a general truth among people I think he really means it in this way. He says a lot of stuff like that, like I am solid gold or something.
                    Last edited by differentcountries; July 16, 2016, 02:31 PM.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

He told me before we were together and it was a huge deal since he has never been in love before
                      I didn't want to rush into things so I took my time and said it a couple weeks later :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My boyfriend was the first to say it, after about 3-4 months of knowing each other. He was nervous about what I would say, and so he quickly followed it with "As a friend, I mean." Haha. We didn't start dating until almost 6 months later. We mutually agreed not to date until we met in person, and got to know each other. That of course, didn't end up happening. We both had very strong feelings for one another, and after months decided that it wouldn't hurt anything if we started dating before we met face to face.
                        ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
                        Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
                        First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
                        Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
                        Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
                        Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Wow...a lot of these are so fast! Sometimes I think coming on this forum actually doesn't help me all that much because I compare myself way too much and tell myself that we are doing it badly

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly11 View Post
                            Wow...a lot of these are so fast! Sometimes I think coming on this forum actually doesn't help me all that much because I compare myself way too much and tell myself that we are doing it badly
                            I agree that I also find many of these too fast, but maybe it depends on the persons. My SO and I are very rational and won't say something that doesn't have a clear definition to begin with, so we already talked about what "I love you" means and we know what it will imply whenever one of us will say it.

Comment

The first time we dated, it happened a few months into the relationship. He told me that I knew how he felt but he wouldn't say it until I told him first and at least I'd know he'd say it back. It took me a couple of more weeks before I was ready. After we were together about 6 months, we broke up for about 18 months and then started talking again. After a couple of weeks, we both admitted our feelings for each other had never changed. We've been back together over 2 1/2 years now.
                              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X