No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I ever posted mine here.. soo, here's a google pic of it (SO's asleep or I would go take a picture lol).

I got it in October last year. Tbh, it's exactly what I wanted and it didn't cost a fortune to get! I hate the idea of dropping a ton of money on jewelry when it could be used on other things so we have pretty much a cap limit of $100-200 for the engagement ring and wedding bands.

We also have our wedding bands picked out, we just haven't bought them yet.
    I'm just hoping that it doesn't sit too funny with the other ring.

We both want basically the same band, just slight shape/size changes between the two.
    Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; April 14, 2015, 07:45 AM. Reason: Broken code x_x;;
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Does it work now? I hope so!!!

Comment

Yup! Seeing it just fine! Looks nice, I like the shape

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I love it Lilly My sister has a somewhat similar engagement ring. It's so unique!
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I love that! It almost looks like a sparkly eye!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I FINALLY got my ring. He actually first proposed two years ago now but I said I didn't want him to waste money on an engagement ring, plus I'm not a huge fan of diamonds due to the ethics of them etc. Anyway, he wanted me to have something so after much discussion I said I just wanted to use my Nanna's wedding ring. My Nan was basically my Mum growing up as she brought me up and I was extremely close to her. However, I needed the ring adjusting as I have funny shaped knuckles....so unknown to me he arranged for it doing via the help of a very good friend and I got it back yesterday. I'm going to use the same ring as my engagement ring and when we do get married it can be used in the ceremony as a wedding ring too....

So here's a really bad photo from my phone of my deformed hands.....

I've always liked it as it's simple but has an extra bit of sparkle with the pattern cut into the gold.

Comment

Nice and simple! I enjoy that a lot

~

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                  I FINALLY got my ring. He actually first proposed two years ago now but I said I didn't want him to waste money on an engagement ring, plus I'm not a huge fan of diamonds due to the ethics of them etc. Anyway, he wanted me to have something so after much discussion I said I just wanted to use my Nanna's wedding ring. My Nan was basically my Mum growing up as she brought me up and I was extremely close to her. However, I needed the ring adjusting as I have funny shaped knuckles....so unknown to me he arranged for it doing via the help of a very good friend and I got it back yesterday. I'm going to use the same ring as my engagement ring and when we do get married it can be used in the ceremony as a wedding ring too....

So here's a really bad photo from my phone of my deformed hands.....

I've always liked it as it's simple but has an extra bit of sparkle with the pattern cut into the gold.
                  I love it!!! Really beautiful!!!

Comment

It's come to that time to propose to her, but I have no idea where to start in terms of engagement rings. I have a budget of around $1000...cheap I know, but she would kill me if I spent a lot on it.

Most people have told me to buy it online, as it's more expensive in-store. However, not being able to touch or see it is a downfall I guess.

Anyway, any tips?

Thanks in advance.
                    Last edited by FatalX; July 12, 2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Look at etsy.com - 1000 is a huge budget, really, you'll see you'll find nice simple rings on Etsy starting at less than a 100. Look at the reviews a store on Etsy has, and see what people say about the measurements. Good stores will accomodate any ring size and adjustments you want, so make sure to look for good service.

~

Comment

Originally posted by FatalX View Post
                        It's come to that time to propose to her, but I have no idea where to start in terms of engagement rings. I have a budget of around $1000...cheap I know, but she would kill me if I spent a lot on it.

Most people have told me to buy it online, as it's more expensive in-store. However, not being able to touch or see it is a downfall I guess.

Anyway, any tips?

Thanks in advance.
                        I bought my SOs ring on etsy for about $200 and it turned out perfect. I was definitely taking a gamble since it was made to order out of titanium and titanium is difficult to resize. But all was good.

Also look at local jewelers. My ring was sent down with two others for my SO to pick which he likes best and he sent the other two back.

Comment

Hi guys

So many gorgeous rings They say that with a wedding dress, that you know when you have found the right one. I totally feel the same about one particular ring that has a gold band and then diamonds shaped in a flower (my dreamy self thinks that the flower represents our love - blooming like a flower lol). My OH knows that I love this one. Its soo pricey, but he thinks that he can get it made in India for less - and anyways, think that engagement is a long way off (although an astrologer told him that he should get married in 2018). Can dream

Comment

Working...
                          X